The Front Porch : Against All Odds

dunwiddat

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 17, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62MDkxjP3KE
Jane

The story of this young girl in Kenya is a story of inspiration and hope.

After watching this I have come to the conclusion that being disable does not mean one is deficient. At time those of us who are able-bodied do not push ourselves to achieve and at times we complain and make excuse. A young lady I know was born with a heart defect. She spent many days away from school. Despite the long absence from school she was able to finish high school. She studied at a well known university and now she is a medical doctor.
Despite our disabilities there is a lot that we can still accomplish.

Thanks for those links. There are so many we can talk about.
There is a blind man here. Each morning he walks down a hill to catch a bus to go to work at the Blind Workshop. He works for his living despite his disabilities. That is why I am amazed how able-bodied people can go on the streets and beg. I mentioned this particular lady since all we here from Africa is negativity. I am sure all disabled people around the world would be pleased about this.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back