Black People : After Libya is Venezuela next?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    The Destabilization of Venezuela? Applying Washington's “Benghazi Formula”
    US Nuclear-Powered Submarine in Venezuelan territorial waters

By Nil Nikandrov

Global Research, November 14, 2011

Strategic Culture Foundation

On November 10, H. Chavez called Contragolpe host Vanessa Davies in the middle of the show to break the news that a US nuclear-powered submarine had been spotted in the country's territorial waters. According to Chavez's on-air account, an “unidentified” and “large-size” submarine appeared on the radars of the Venezuelan submarine fleet which was conducting regular exercise, but, being an extremely fast-moving vehicle, easily escaped the Venezuelan boats that took to trailing it. Chavez stressed that the Venezuelan navy responded to the provocation with due restraint and did not open fire during the incident.

As a matter of fact, this was not the first US submarine invasion of Venezuela's territorial waters on record. In April 2002, on the eve of an attempted anti-Chavez coup, US Defense Intelligence Agency operatives were supposed to hold a coordination meeting with the perpetrators aboard a US submarine. In September 2005, the USS Virginia, a US attack submarine, left the Naval Submarine Base in Groton, CT, for a 70—day reconnaissance raid in the Caribbean Sea. The Virginia and other US submarines are known to have paid a number of uninvited visits to Venezuela's territorial waters since the time.
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=27666

2. eword

eword Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +91
    The American Empire is simply doing, what it has always done. Any government that refuses to bow down to America's political and economic will, America tries to overthrow directly or indirectly. And any country that owns and controls it's resources for the benefit of it's people and refuses to let American and other western corporations own and control it's resources, becomes America's sworn enemy. Stories are manufactured to justify undermining, overthrowing or assasinating the leaders of such trully independent countries.
    Has anyone wondered, why America is the only country on planet, earth, that somehow always seems to discover so-called 'enemies' or 'threats' in every part of the world.
    Before Chavez, foreign corporations owned and controlled Venezuela. All that ended when Chavez came to power. In Libya, under Gaddafi, Libya owned and controlled it's resources. Now, under the so-called liberation or freedom western corporations will own and run Libya.
    In Iran under Mossadeq, Iran owned and controlled It's resources. The CIA overthrew him and put the Shah in power, who gave ownership and control of Iran's resources to western corporations. When the Shah was overthrown by the Islamic revolution, ownership and control of Iran's assets returned into the hands of Iran. From then on the USA declared Iran it's mortal enemy.
    The list of similar examples is way too long to be cited in one post, but you get the picture.

3. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    This is just terrible.

I had two Venezuelan boarding house mates when I was in college, they are my dear friends and they attended this HBCU with me and so when I hear news about this, it really hits a nerve. This leader Chavez spoke out and in favor of the African American plight, and so now, i suppose, Well....

I'm angry...

4. eword

Ratings:
    +91
    No one should be surprised that the USA may target venezuela, instead they should be surprised if it doesn't. The American Empire has destabilized country after country on every continent and will continue to do so, because that is what empires do.
    If you don't know the nature of something, you may have the wrong expectations of it. Many fellow Americans do not know what America is or what America is about and so they have wrong expectations of it.
    Anyone that has followed or follows USA foreign policy knows that assasinating or overthrowing governments that dare resist USA hegemony is business as usual.
    - www.killinghope.org

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Maybe it's time for another Bandung Conference.

When Chou en Lai was there at the first, China was not wealthy or the lender to a broke A , US.

Now things may be different with Chavez relationship with China and Brazil's BRIC membership.

6. eword

Ratings:
    +91
    China and Russia, what good are they? Each time a country, that doesn't have the means to fight back is attacked based on lies, they simply watch and do nothing? Both countries have military capabilities, that if they had supplied it to iraq or Libya, no one in their right mind will think of attacking them. When are they going to stand up like real global powers? Are they going to let Syria, Iran, Venezuela and whoever is next go down, without giving them the means to resist successful?
    How many times must we witness the weak or vulnerable being brutalized and terrorized, while those with the means to prevent it do nothing. How many countries must be destroyed and innocent people killed, before China and Russia come to anyone's assistance? Hopefully China and Russia won't let us down again?

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    You are right, and from the evidence of history, you show and improve upon the reality of this ish!
    I stand corrected:toast:

8. eword

Ratings:
    +91
    Not to worry. We all learn from one another. No one knows it all. I too have learned from contributions from other members on this forum.
    However, just to expand on my earlier post. What does China or Russia gain by letting countries in which it has huge investments be taken down? Don't they have interests worth protecting? Do they really think, things will be the same for them when a USA or western installed government takes over in any country? What will it take for China and Russia to flex their muscles or put their foot down, as it were? Where do they draw the line? Are they just spectators in major global events? Can any country, unfortunate to be on the empire's hit list count on them? Who will stand up for the victims of empire?
    The attitude and actions of China and Russia are puzzling. May be someone has insights to their thinking and will hopefully fill us in.

9. wetac0s

wetac0s Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +272
    When has any country really helped another self-lessly? When has an African country helped a Latin country? When has a Latin country helped an Asian country? When has an Asian country helped a Latin country? etc... I didn't see Brazil or India or China or S. Africa helping the Libyans. "Rainbow unity" is dead thanks to decades of distractions and everyone trying to serve their own interests. It will take a worldwide crisis or war for "rainbow unity" to come back, sadly.

Right now US power is unparalleled. Anyone stupid enough to go against NATO is just asking for trouble. I say don't fight fire with fire, fight fire with water.

FYI, I have never really counted Russia as a "ally" because afterall, they are responsible for tearing Asia, Africa, and S. America apart. They are by no means a country of "color" - if you catch my drift.

10. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Decades of distraction is right!

It was a long time ago when Cuba helped the revolutions in Zimbabwe and Angola, and Chou en Lai's assistance to Africa was not the land grabbing and exploitation of workers we see in this new
    Chiang Kai Chek style China