Black People Politics : After 2016, when obama leaves office and the real axe comes after the Black community then what?

Bro. Alarm Clock, maybe the farther away we get from the time when we were enslaved, the more numb we become to the modern practice of enslavement.

Maybe we don't really talk to each other because we've our ability to trust each other anymore -- self-hate?

Maybe we have become complacent or comfortable. In spite of how badly we're treated, daily, many of us are okay with sitting and playing with the latest electronic toys, gossiping and chatting about nonsensical stuff. What percentage of time during our days (24hrs) is spent working in our communities to improve our condition as a people, as opposed to on ourselves as individuals?

Maybe we got caught up in the drama brought on by integration and desegregation. It ain't all what it was cracked up to be, I'm a witness to that.

Maybe we didn't realize how really DEEP the construct of racism had been embedded into everything we touch, see, smell and taste in America.

Maybe we've become functioning 'drug addicts' due to the lies our government / media feed us everyday and our minds are suffering from atrophy. Crap in, crap out.

Maybe we underestimated our oppressors and thought a house sitting on some acres was the plantation. Who knew the entire country was one big plantation?

Maybe we were too naive in thinking that obtaining the right to vote, live where we wanted to live, and working along side of white folk, even marrying them would end slavery and free us as a people in America.

Maybe we're too focused on what other people call us in the 21st century and being 'shocked' about that, and don't spend nearly enough time keeping our eyes on the bigger picture, our collective 'freedom' from oppression.

Bro. Alarm Clock, maybe the farther away we get from the time when we were enslaved, the more numb we become to the modern practice of enslavement.

Maybe we don't really talk to each other because we've our ability to trust each other anymore -- self-hate?

Maybe we have become complacent or comfortable. In spite of how badly we're treated, daily, many of us are okay with sitting and playing with the latest electronic toys, gossiping and chatting about nonsensical stuff. What percentage of time during our days (24hrs) is spent working in our communities to improve our condition as a people, as opposed to on ourselves as individuals?

Maybe we got caught up in the drama brought on by integration and desegregation. It ain't all what it was cracked up to be, I'm a witness to that.

Maybe we didn't realize how really DEEP the construct of racism had been embedded into everything we touch, see, smell and taste in America.

Maybe we've become functioning 'drug addicts' due to the lies our government / media feed us everyday and our minds are suffering from atrophy. Crap in, crap out.

Maybe we underestimated our oppressors and thought a house sitting on some acres was the plantation. Who knew the entire country was one big plantation?

Maybe we were too naive in thinking that obtaining the right to vote, live where we wanted to live, and working along side of white folk, even marrying them would end slavery and free us as a people in America.

Maybe we're too focused on what other people call us in the 21st century and being 'shocked' about that, and don't spend nearly enough time keeping our eyes on the bigger picture, our collective 'freedom' from oppression.
No Maybe dear sister fact!

Now we have 1 year to collectively find a cure, for all of that! and then 2 years to plan!

Every young generation has created a movement, since reconstruction! Garvey, Padmore, Drew Ali, Malcolm King, Bobby, Huey, H Rap, Stokeley, Ferguson, all were under 30 when they started out!
Now this cyberage has been around for 20, so the cure for all the above as you mentioned has been on line, but did the NSA create a youth culture to keep the youth distracted from liberation? Something there was a focus on for 300 years?

Sister NNQueen, I dont say much personal on the web, but I will relate a dream I had that had me woke in the middle of the night in a sweat, palpitations and depression.

I dreampt I was in a shopping area, full of people and saw a little Black girl going to the store or whatever, about 9 years of age, walking casually along, as I looked at the street as I turned for a second I heard a scream and saw a cart door open a hand come out and grabbed and abducted the girl,

I shouted to the people closest to the car to do something as I ran towards it but they looked at me like I was crazy, I remembered the liscence plate as it went up the street,
I saw a group of brothers with a car, they said after they finished playing cards they would help,
ran to another group of brothers they said they were listening to the game, when it was over they would help,
then I saw my cousins with another car, and they tried to change subject to ask me if I was going to a BBQ and what I could bring!

what was that dream about? Now this is not a analogy fact it was an actual dream I think I know but what is your opinion

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back