Haiti : After 2 Years Haitians, Defrauded of the Billions in Earthquake relief Aid

Jahari Kavi

Feb 12, 2008
Houston, Texas
Occupation
Self Development
Which is why you always want to manage your money directly... rather than leaving it in the hands of some fiduciary.

Your money in someone else's vault is not your money.
Precisely...I honestly have never understood why people would be so foolish to believe that their donated money, clothes, food, etc.
gets to where it needs to go.........

Jahari Kavi

Feb 12, 2008
Houston, Texas
Occupation
Self Development
People have got to stop reacting the same way, everytime a disaster strikes exploited/poverty stricken countries and communities (praying and sending donations)....we donate money, because that is a easy way out and it requires no type of critical thinking....not too many of us really want to get involved in activism that empowers countries like Haiti....throwing money at the problem has never been the answer and never will be....

bientempo

Oct 11, 2009
Dominican Republic
Haiti, Raped by the U.S. Since 2004, and Still Bleeding Wed.
01/11/2012 - 02:28 —
Glen A Black Agenda Radio commentary by Glen Ford

The horrific squandering of Haitian lives and earthquake relief and aid dollars by the occupying powers over the past two years are direct consequences of previous imperial crimes. “Since 2004, Haiti has been methodically stripped of its sovereignty, made into a protectorate of the United Nations,” which is merely a front for the United States. “The earthquake of January 2010 was a natural phenomenon that happened to take place while a rape was in progress.” Haiti, Raped by the U.S. Since 2004, and Still Bleeding A Black Agenda Radio commentary by Glen Ford “The United States has flexed every superpower muscle to prolong Haiti’s agony.” In the American media, Haiti is most often spoken of as a tragedy – when it is actually the scene of horrific crimes, mainly perpetrated by the United States over the span of two centuries. For the past two years, since the earthquake that shook the life out of hundreds of thousands of already deeply wounded people, the United States has flexed every superpower muscle to prolong Haiti’s agony. Half a million people are still homeless, two years after the quake, despite the billions in relief and recovery aid pledged by international donors. Sixty percent of the rubble has yet to be removed from the capital and its suburbs, and 6,000 people have died from a cholera epidemic brought into the country by United Nations troops. The UN has still not seen fit to apologize for being the vector of disease, because the UN is not accountable to the people of Haiti – only to the United States. The Americans used a huge chunk of their so-called aid money to reimburse themselves for the cost of their military occupation of the country. Dead, dying, sick, starving, homeless Haitians are made to pay for their own imprisonment in their native land, while Washington gloats that it is Haiti’s last, best hope, and that the catastrophic earthquake might have been a good thing, a chance for a “new beginning” under Washington's firm guidance. Millions were spent to choreograph crooked elections that brought to office a government with no power, even less money, and not a shred of dignity – a puppet regime held in absolute disrespect by its American puppeteers. http://blackagendareport.com/content/haiti-raped-us-2004-and-still-bleeding
Little different outlook from a Diaspora Haitian.
http://www.theroot.com/views/haiti-s-uncertain-future

Shikamaru

May 7, 2011
This faux confusion is annoying. If you do not understand then it's not up to you to understand. It's really no difference whether you understand. The Africans of Haiti will still starve whether your objective is to play with semantics or not.

Talk talk talk won't do any difference.
Faux scope restriction is annoying as well.
Perhaps the other Americans feel left out?

info-moetry

STAFF
STAFF
Dec 20, 2004
The rotten Apple
Occupation
A+ technician
Precisely...I honestly have never understood why people would be so foolish to believe that their donated money, clothes, food, etc.
gets to where it needs to go.........
peace

I've been saying this since i saw Bush Sr. and Clinton laughing on tv asking for people to send money to their organization during a tragedy long before Katrina and said that it was better if people sent CASH. Then again, after Katrina hit and bush jr. said to send CASH MONEY and was also laughing.

Seems like Jay-z woke up to it, but a million dollars later.

Jay - z lyrics from 'Minority Report'

Sure I ponied up a mill, but I didn't give my time
So in reality I didn't give a dime, or a ****
I just put my monies in the hands of the same people that left my people stranded
Nothin' but a bandit
Left them folks abandoned
****, that money that we gave was just a band-aid
Can't say we better off than we was before
In synopsis this is my minority report
Can't say we better off than we was before
In synopsis this is my minority report

[Verse 2 - Ne-Yo]
So many times I'm, covering my eyes
Peeking through my fingers
Tryin' to hide my, frustration at the way that we treat
(Seems like we don't even care)
Turn on the TV, seein' the pain
Sayin' such a shame
Then tryin' to go on with my life
Of that, I too, am guilty
So we send a lil' money, tell 'em it's alright
To be able to sleep at night
You will pay that price
While some of these folks' lost their whole life
Now it wasn't on the nightly news no more
Suddenly it didn't matter to you no more
In the end almost nothing changed
What the hell, what was that for?

[Outro: News Excerpts]
...Buses are on the way to take those people from New Orleans to Houston
...They lyin'
...People are dying at the convention center

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
we are here in the USA and if we are united in focus and concern
Of course not. But what have the United States Americans done against that?
for the first nation that has stood up against white supremacy, we can do alot!

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
You speak some real insight and wisdom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2004? lol The rape was in place before the "rape" took place.
The global oligarchy of white supremacy, regards us as Black people globally, and they see us as pan African whether we desire to or not.

as you say they desire to make an example of Haiti, for standing up to them!

Asomfwaa

Nov 16, 2011
Faux scope restriction is annoying as well.
Perhaps the other Americans feel left out?
Tell that to the OP.

Stick to your political issue. The problem with Africans today is you all want to take up everyone's issue. "Americans may feel left out?" Do you think that I could give a rat's . . .?

Asomfwaa

Nov 16, 2011
we are here in the USA and if we are united in focus and concern

for the first nation that has stood up against white supremacy, we can do alot!
If Jay-Z got it, that's enough said.

What time have you spent for Haiti?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: