Khasm13 : Afro Samauri....

u was sleep homie! lol

has anyone checked this out?
i just saw all of the episodes and it was dope...rza did the soundtrack...
the animation kinda reminds me of the boondocks a lil...
let me say again...it was dope...

one love
khasm

my son put me up on it. It is definetly the xxxxhit!

MaatKara

Greetings

For those of you interested in sci-fi and Khemit, this brother is so tight, he squeeks :jawdrop::hearts4: Came across him a lil while back and saw first couple in series. It appears he's finished it now :em2300:and :qqb018: haven't invested as yet.

"Behold ancient Khamit and all the secrets I have hidden within"

~Ausar

There are millions of people that have a fascination, preoccupation or at the very least have seen or heard of ancient Egypt. Hollywood movies have given us plenty of movies that portray the ancient Egyptian culture in different perspectives. Quite often these portrayals misrepresent the culture on many levels. Either they are primitives, emotionally or spiritually premature, devoid of the prerequisites required to justify the greatness and wisdom they achieved. Movies often trivialize the profound impact this ancient culture had on the world and marginalize the contributions of mathematics, science, religion and philosophy. To the average person the Egyptians worship the sun and simply mummify their dead (who can come to life many years later in the future to frighten Western audiences).

Maatkara shatters a lot of these Hollywood generated myths of the culture in subtle and in other cases abrupt ways. We begin by calling ancient Egypt by its proper name, Khamit. Its inhabitants the Khamou. The Khamou were Africans. Secondly and most significantly we return Khamit to its correct latitude and longitude, which place it on the continent of Africa. Contrary to popular belief that Egypt is in the Middle East. The current Arab populations of Egypt are not reflective of the ancient inhabitants of the Nile Valley ...correction Hapi valley.

But the goal of the story is not to raise racial issues (although it will) but rather to focus on the powerful harmony that the culture was able to achieve and in turn how this harmony brought forth balance wisdom and dramatic evolution to a people. This culture is held in contrast to a western model of progress, an evolution of internal versus external. How does a civilization evolve when the focus is on improving internally and spiritually? How does a civilization evolve when the progress is measured in external metrics?

Another point of Maatkara (not brought out in the online series) is that of the spiritual system. The many gods/deities of ancient Khamit. In truth all the "Gods" are various forms/reflections of the One God. This was fundamental to the spiritual system and often misinterpreted by western scholars studying ancient Khamit. The science of their spirituality is a clear reflection of their grasp of science and their firm understanding of their environment and the role they played in it. Central to this understanding is the idea of a single God or energy. Maatkara could not bring this theme out but is greatly elaborated and woven into the full story. The future section of the site name "The Culture" will expose much of this knowledge in a proper context.

If you have an opinion on the series or any area covered or related please feel free to contribute to the Maatkara brain trust. We are always looking for fresh research and perspectives. We will begin posting well thought out essays and writings supporting or opposing any thoughts, we all too seek the balance (Maat).

Eternal Peace and Blessings,

Dawit Lessanu

Unquote

http://www.maatkara.com/

In-joy

Peace

Greetings

For those of you interested in sci-fi and Khemit, this brother is so tight, he squeeks :jawdrop::hearts4: Came across him a lil while back and saw first couple in series. It appears he's finished it now :em2300:and :qqb018: haven't invested as yet.

"Behold ancient Khamit and all the secrets I have hidden within"

~Ausar

There are millions of people that have a fascination, preoccupation or at the very least have seen or heard of ancient Egypt. Hollywood movies have given us plenty of movies that portray the ancient Egyptian culture in different perspectives. Quite often these portrayals misrepresent the culture on many levels. Either they are primitives, emotionally or spiritually premature, devoid of the prerequisites required to justify the greatness and wisdom they achieved. Movies often trivialize the profound impact this ancient culture had on the world and marginalize the contributions of mathematics, science, religion and philosophy. To the average person the Egyptians worship the sun and simply mummify their dead (who can come to life many years later in the future to frighten Western audiences).

Maatkara shatters a lot of these Hollywood generated myths of the culture in subtle and in other cases abrupt ways. We begin by calling ancient Egypt by its proper name, Khamit. Its inhabitants the Khamou. The Khamou were Africans. Secondly and most significantly we return Khamit to its correct latitude and longitude, which place it on the continent of Africa. Contrary to popular belief that Egypt is in the Middle East. The current Arab populations of Egypt are not reflective of the ancient inhabitants of the Nile Valley ...correction Hapi valley.

But the goal of the story is not to raise racial issues (although it will) but rather to focus on the powerful harmony that the culture was able to achieve and in turn how this harmony brought forth balance wisdom and dramatic evolution to a people. This culture is held in contrast to a western model of progress, an evolution of internal versus external. How does a civilization evolve when the focus is on improving internally and spiritually? How does a civilization evolve when the progress is measured in external metrics?

Another point of Maatkara (not brought out in the online series) is that of the spiritual system. The many gods/deities of ancient Khamit. In truth all the "Gods" are various forms/reflections of the One God. This was fundamental to the spiritual system and often misinterpreted by western scholars studying ancient Khamit. The science of their spirituality is a clear reflection of their grasp of science and their firm understanding of their environment and the role they played in it. Central to this understanding is the idea of a single God or energy. Maatkara could not bring this theme out but is greatly elaborated and woven into the full story. The future section of the site name "The Culture" will expose much of this knowledge in a proper context.

If you have an opinion on the series or any area covered or related please feel free to contribute to the Maatkara brain trust. We are always looking for fresh research and perspectives. We will begin posting well thought out essays and writings supporting or opposing any thoughts, we all too seek the balance (Maat).

Eternal Peace and Blessings,

Dawit Lessanu

Unquote

http://www.maatkara.com/

In-joy

Peace

I did a brief visual view of the website animation and story, and I'll give'em credit it is a good start. It has alot of potential. I will go back and check out some more lata. Do you have any idea of the author's contact info ?
Thanks for bringing this FORTH TO the DAY .
:qqb019:
I know how it sounds but I tried to put my own Khemit reference in there :cool:

Peace

Greetings,

The 13 part series has since disappeared. The links I have are no longer working, although a little about the author is still there

http://www.scifi.com/maatkara/episodes/

Dawit Lessanu - bio
http://www.scifi.com/maatkara/pages/bios/crewbio_lessanu.html

email – dawit@maatkara.com

and dlassenau@hotmail.com

I think he is in New York and found the following
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/4/227/470

http://www.peuplesawa.com/fr/bnlogik.php?bnid=472&bnk=&bnrub=&vip=581

Hope that helps …

Peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back