Libya : AFRICOM; Libya to be used as a Springboard for Global Hegemony

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
AFRICOM's General Ham: "Many of the troops involved in the Libya strikes are preparing to go to Iran or Afghanistan"

by Cynthia McKinney

Global Research, April 11, 2011
Associated Press

Email this article to a friend
Print this article

An Incisive Comment from Cynthia McKinney

AFRICOM's new leader, General Carter Ham made an interesting statement that no one in the special interest press (Junious Ricardo Stanton calls it the mind control apparatus) seems to have picked up on.

Here's the story and I've highlighted the real news contained in it that is being ignored everywhere and why does this article not mention the General's AFRICOM leadership:

Ham said it was important for the U.S. to turn control over to NATO because many of the troops involved in the Libya strikes are preparing to go to Iran or Afghanistan or have just recently returned from the warfront.

Now, is this a typo? I don't know. But, I've checked this story in many different places and each iteration says exactly the same thing: Iran! Are our troops preparing to go to Iran? What conclusion are we to draw from this? Here's the entire article:

General says US may consider sending troops into Libya as part of any international force
By Lolita C. Baldor, The Associated Press – 2 days ago

WASHINGTON — The U.S. may consider sending troops into Libya with a possible international ground force that could aid the rebels, the former U.S. commander of the military mission said Thursday, describing the current operation as a stalemate that is more likely to go on now that America has handed control to NATO.

But Army Gen. Carter Ham also told lawmakers that American participation in a ground force would not be ideal, since it could erode the international coalition attacking Moammar Gadhafi's forces and make it more difficult to get Arab support for operations in Libya.

He said NATO has done an effective job in an increasingly complex combat situation. But he noted that, in a new tactic, Gadhafi's forces are making airstrikes more difficult by staging their fighters and vehicles near civilian areas such as schools and mosques.

The use of an international ground force is a possible plan to bolster the Libyan rebels, Ham said at a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing.

Asked whether the U.S. would provide troops, Ham said, "I suspect there might be some consideration of that. My personal view at this point would be that that's probably not the ideal circumstance, again for the regional reaction that having American boots on the ground would entail."

President Barack Obama has said repeatedly there will be no U.S. troops on the ground in Libya, although there are reports of small CIA teams in the country.

Pressed by Sen. John McCain, a leading Republican, about the situation in Libya, Ham agreed that a stalemate "is now more likely" since NATO took command.

Ham also disclosed that the U.S. is providing some strike aircraft to the NATO operation that do not need to go through the special approval process recently established. The powerful side-firing AC-130 gunship is available to NATO commanders, he said.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=24260

I love Cynthia McKinney...my president..

Good post Ankhur.

I personally think US troops (covert and mercanary troops) are already on the ground and have been there for years.

Omowali showd me a great post concerning this...imma see if i can find it...

I love Cynthia McKinney...my president..

Good post Ankhur.

I personally think US troops (covert and mercanary troops) are already on the ground and have been there for years.

Omowali showd me a great post concerning this...imma see if i can find it...
the sad thing is unlike during the 60s were the colleges would have been in turmoil with Black student protests about any US war in our Motherland

e seem to be basicly silent about this ish

What we are observing in Libya is the rebirth of colonialism. Only this time it is not individual European governments competing for empires and resources. The new colonialism operates under the cover of "the world community," which means NATO and those countries that cooperate with it. NATO, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, was once a defense alliance against a possible Soviet invasion of Western Europe. Today NATO provides European troops in behalf of American hegemony.

Washington pursues world hegemony under the guises of selective "humanitarian intervention" and "bringing freedom and democracy to oppressed peoples." On an opportunistic basis, Washington targets countries for intervention that are not its "international partners." Caught off guard, perhaps, by popular revolts in Tunisia and Egypt, there are some indications that Washington responded opportunistically and encouraged the uprising in Libya. Khalifa Hifter, a suspected Libyan CIA asset for the last 20 years, has gone back to Libya to head the rebel army.

Gaddafi got himself targeted by standing up to Western imperialism. He refused to be part of the US Africa Command. Gaddafi saw Washington’s scheme for what it is, a colonialist’s plan to divide and conquer.

The US Africa Command (AFRICOM) was created by order of President George W. Bush in 2007. AFRICOM describes its objective:

http://www.vdare.com/roberts/110331_new_colonialism.htm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back