Computers - Software Hardware : AfriCoin - Cryptocurrency

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Destee, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
  2. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399

I haven't heard of this one and to be honest I'm not even sure why it would exist. I tried to give it the benefit of doubt and poke around their website but it's not too inspiring for my confidence. It was registered in September of last year, and it looks like it was thrown up pretty quick. It's got information about bitcoin but no solid information about what makes Africoin different. The background image is bitcoins instead of Africoin.

According to their wiki it was launched in November 2013. This is all I could find in the way of source code: https://github.com/africoin/africoin

The last commit is from 6 months ago, and so far it just look like Litecoin. I don't see any pull requests, issues/bugs, or general signs that it looks like it's in active development.Their other repo is even older without a single commit.

Supposedly their exchange opens up on the first of next month but this thing looks like a scam.

These things have been cropping up a lot lately since cryptocurrencies aren't as obscure as they used to be.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

I kinda thot the same ... looks scammy ... and it's sad to say, with Africa's name all on and in it.

What's with the watch offer ... i don't know much about crypto-currency ... but a big hunky watch offer?

Few of their pages are developed ... the site looks dead at this point.

Maybe we'll learn more about it as time passes.

Thanks a Bunch!

:heart:

Destee