Africa : Africa's Cultural Void and the Curse of Alien Religions and Cultures

I think sometimes a society succombs more to the Christian missionary because they present it as the 'answer'... not to mention they often times bring food, clothes and shelter to many nations that are poor. But with it comes a price, and it usually means the erasing of that culture's spirituality and traditions, on top of being more susceptible to opposing forces. This is the story time and time again in most countries of color. It is also one of the ways whites have conquered everyone else.

However, the damage has been done... many African countries are Islamic or Christian. So at this point Africans as well as African Americans will have to just try to unite for the common goal at least for now. And it has happened... the Million Man March is the most notable event in which nobody thought about religion, just unity. But in the meantime, ATR practictioners can continue to plant their seeds through forums like this or other media such as books and websites.

soulsearcher said:
I think sometimes a society succombs more to the Christian missionary because they present it as the 'answer'... not to mention they often times bring food, clothes and shelter to many nations that are poor. But with it comes a price, and it usually means the erasing of that culture's spirituality and traditions, on top of being more susceptible to opposing forces. This is the story time and time again in most countries of color. It is also one of the ways whites have conquered everyone else.

However, the damage has been done... many African countries are Islamic or Christian. So at this point Africans as well as African Americans will have to just try to unite for the common goal at least for now. And it has happened... the Million Man March is the most notable event in which nobody thought about religion, just unity. But in the meantime, ATR practictioners can continue to plant their seeds through forums like this or other media such as books and websites.

But with it comes a price, and it usually means the erasing of that culture's spirituality and traditions, on top of being more susceptible to opposing forces
And this is the very heart of the problem in Nigeria and other African nations.

The situation is not getting better, it's getting worse. Christians and Muslims from outside of Africa are exacerbating the problem by funding one side over the other, creating further division and hatred.

I agree with the spirit of this article in terms of the effects of Islam and Christianity as "prostelyzing religions" but I disagree that wars were not waged in the name of religion prior to their advent.

The history of the wars between the Sons of Horus and the Sethites is the most obvious example which was a struggle for the domination of one cult center over another.

Same with the assertion of the Cult of Amen over the "Atenists".

Quite honestly, I have grown tired of these arguments which continually blame outside forces for the problems of Africa which at times tend to romanticize African history and not only ignore but deny the internal contradictions and divisions which existed and provided the breeding grounds for these same outside and external forces. It has resulted in one of the worst forms of self-denial and finger-pointing while fostering a climate of self-hatred which has led increasing numbers toward adopting the same outside beliefs. Furthermore, Christianity has many of its roots in African, Alexandria, in particular, the Coptic Church and Ethiopian Orthodox, and the proximity to Mecca, which once was under Ku****e control, has led many to actually view Islam as an indigenous religion.

Omowale

Quite honestly, I have grown tired of these arguments which continually blame outside forces for the problems of Africa which at times tend to romanticize African history and not only ignore but deny the internal contradictions and divisions which existed and provided the breeding grounds for these same outside and external forces. It has resulted in one of the worst forms of self-denial and finger-pointing while fostering a climate of self-hatred which has led increasing numbers toward adopting the same outside beliefs. Furthermore, Christianity has many of its roots in African, Alexandria, in particular, the Coptic Church and Ethiopian Orthodox, and the proximity to Mecca, which once was under Ku****e control, has led many to actually view Islam as an indigenous religion.
My semtiments exactly.
Infact you put both my thoughts and suspicions down into writing.

From what I've read, we fell as a people long before whites, Persians, Arabs, and others were able to come in and take advantage of us.
Infighting and jealousy were the main culprits.

The fact that we had weakened collectively to the point that these outsiders were able to take advantage is proof that much of the problem was and remains internal.

Christianity invaded most of Europe much more ferociously than it invaded Africa, yet Europe built it's modern empire off of Chrsitianity.

Islam invaded parts of Pakistan and Persia/Iran much like it invaded parts of Africa, yet these people used the religion to boost themselves into a world power.

Africa must first UNITE around a single set of principles and values and once secure in these values then no other outside religion or doctrine would be able to ill-effect her.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back