Africa : Africa's Black Elite and The Anti-Colonial Mass Struggle Myth

Vhedza1

Jul 4, 2019
Africa’s anti-Colonial struggle has been portrayed as a monolithic dialectical conflict between the oppressive forces of Colonialism represented by European Imperialism on one hand, versus mass African resistance on the other pole.

However, this may ignore the internal class differences amongst Africans themselves Anti-Coloniak struggle, and the fact that the struggle was used as a tool for the self-advancement of the Colonial Black Elite whose progression was stifled by the Colonial Economy.

Recognising these internal class divisions amongst Africans may help us understand the dictatorships that emerged in Post-Colonial Africa once the euphoria of independence had died out.

Africa's Black Elite and The Anti-Colonial Mass Struggle Myth

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.