Black People : Africans, Arabs, and Africa

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by La_Kréyol, Apr 22, 2011.

1. La_Kréyol

La_Kréyol Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +81
    Blacklioness asked me in an earlier thread about the feelings toward Gadaffi and touched on racial hostilities and expressed concern about "Arabs claiming to be African when it's convenient for them" (or something to that effect). I was very disturbed by this comment and initially didn't plan to respond, but I think it's best to touch on the topic in relation to the recent invasion of Africa by France and the United States (via the Obama administration).

While I do understand Blacklioness's point, it is ill-placed in any conversation with Gadaffi. Gadaffi has invested millions upon millions in Africa - primarily in Black African countries and he, unlike many other leaders, is able to understand the concept of working towards the long-term vision for Africa. He has given money even to "African-America" interest-free, when no one else would. His money would help create one of the greatest organizations/fighters in the Black rights movement in the United States, the Nation of Islam.

(Now, I know that there is a tendency amongst many African-Americans (especially one particular poster here) to not show respect to elders who they perceive as having made some sort of mistake or having some flaw, but I'm speaking to those of you who are not alienated and who envision an independent and sovereign Black nation, empowered by the contributions of its communities and elders.)

Alas, Gadaffi has funded more projects & provided more money for "Black Africa" than any other president in the (contemporary) history of the entire continent. And he deserves respect and support for this, regardless of what you think about arabs and regardless of what he chose to call the country. The country's name is trivial! You must be able to look at the long-term goal, and bickering or not supporting him, simply because you don't like the name they chose for Libya, because you don't like that he's Tuareg (I don't know, I'm just reaching for answers, please keep in mind), because you think he MUST be an Arab (the man is Tuareg; all of Africa knows this) this does nothing to get Africa toward the long-term goal of SOVEREIGNTY and INDEPENDENCE from Europe and the United States.

Gbagbo and Gadaffi were our best chances of a new revolution that could have spread throughout "Black Africa" (which the US and Europe feared would happen), starting with the resistance of Gbagbo and the incidents in Northern Africa. Gadaffi is all who is left now, and to not support this man who is fighting for ALL OF AFRICA, who has provided vital seed money interest free to ALL OF AFRICA, who has built hospitals, schools, and water channels in BLACK AFRICAN COUNTRIES, who has provided 300 MILLIONS DOLLARS in seed money to the AFRICAN MONETARY FUND, which would have made the US and Europe powerless in controlling Africa with its "IMF" money....to shun this great elder because of the way Arabs may or may not act, because of the name of the country, etc. is to NOT BE ABLE TO SEE AND WORK TOWARD THE LONG-TERM GOAL FOR AFRICA.

It's allowing the propaganda of the whites to divide and conquer. Plain and simple! We Black people MUST be able to see the long term goal and work towards that - regardless of what problems we have or what divisions we have (within or with others). The fact is Gadaffi has worked tirelessly for Africa and is NOTORIOUS FOR STANDING UP to France and to the US. He is Africa's best chance right now of finally achieving independence and I ask you to support Africa by fighting for this man.

We mustn't let silliness divide us. I don't care what Arabs do or think or act like. I don't care what the country's name is. The US, the United Kingdom, and France invading Libya will do NOTHING to change the name of the country or the attitude of Arabs (specifically, those who are are racist) and will do EVERYTHING to HURT AND RUIN THE CHANCES of Africa being independent finally.

And this is the goal you must work toward.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    is Gadaffi an arab?

3. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Don't ever feel you have to respond to me. It's not required, and I don't expect it because, oft times, nothing "speaks" to me like silence. My views on Black history and race in context of how we've "interacted" with nonblacks (meaning ALL of those who are not Black) are not popular---I get that. I accept that. At the end of the day, history will do as it always has---teach.

4. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    I always believed he was and I believe that he is!

5. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Nobody buys my loyalty...

Anybody can win my trust and that's for free!

But as long as others allow themselves to be a means to somebody else's end:

We can and will never unite in our lifetimes!

That was and is the nature of my agenda etc.

FYI...

6. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Be careful, lest you're blaming black folk in the states for the U. S. backed military support of one side, of what is really a power play etc., merely because we live here...

This is not about blacks vs whites, arabs vs africans, christians vs. muslims, etc.

This is about those who wish to progress--those who choose to stand still--and those whose agendas etc. advance themselves-- at other folks expense--which reflects the 'politics' of regressive/retreat/etc. as regards what is being advocated by suchlike to our not always well informed relations etc.

I. e., guilt by the way of mere alleged association etc., suchlike is the tactic of our peoples enemies...

And even one's mere words oftentimes reveal what somebody's agenda truly is, if not now--then later-- in the near future...

FYI...

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    i do not accept arabs as africans. i think they should be run out along with the white people

8. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    I believe Arabs are white and identify themselves as such.

9. Changes_Changes

Changes_Changes Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +59
    Credible African voices disagree with you.

Horace Campbell on the Libya standoff.

10. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Good evening, poster...And thanks for sharing the link etc. More forthcoming...FYI...