Pan Africanism : AfricanOriginofChinese

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Nisa, May 12, 2005.

1. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Modern humans, or Homo sapiens, might migrate from Africa into China by way of Southeast Asia between 18,000 years and 60,000 years ago, researchers say.

This latest research finding by Chinese scientists and their international colleagues concluded that modern humans might have moved from Africa to China replacing Mono erectus (archaic upright- walking human beings) there to become the ancestors of the country 's modern humans.

The conclusion is based on the comparison and analysis of Y- chromosome DNA using samples of the extant 88 populations living in East Asia, Southeast Asia and the Oceania, says Li Jin, one of the Chinese researchers of the study "Chinese Human Genome Diversity Project."

Li Jin is a professor of both the National Human Genome Center in Shanghai and the Institute of Genetics of Fudan University.

Scientists found that the variations of Y-chromosome in north China are derived from those in south China, a result proved as that a small number of settlers of African origin moved to northern China due to the hurdle of the mighty Yangtze River. And Polynesians, who live in the islands in the Pacific Ocean, are found to have different Y-chromosome to Taiwanese, forcing scientists to reconsider the hypothsis that Polynesians were descendants of ancestral Taiwanese aborigines.

http://english.people.com.cn/english/200007/15/eng20000715_45573.html

2. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    I was in the hospital visting a relative a few years back and in the opposite bed was an old Chinese woman.

When her children came in to visit her they spoke nothing but Chinese but I clearly heard the words "mama" and "ma" being directed at her several times.

Hark....did my ears decieve me?

This peaked my curiousity so much that had to ask them what the Chinese word for mother was, and you guess it...MA/MAMA.

Well hot ****!

I told them it's the same all over Africa, and ofcourse in the AfroAmerican community.

They were used to hearing white people call their mothers "mom" and "mum" so they didn't know how common it was to call our mothers ma and mamma.

When I told them that in Africa, father is BABA....

The woman started jumping up and down quacking: "Me too Me too!!!" Like Cam'ron.

So apparently humanity had a common language at some time and we got separated.
    I wonder what other similarities we all share with eachother that our enemy has hidden from us.

3. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31

Wow..thats interesting..yes I wonder..ha..smh..the enemy boy..smh....

4. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    This is with all people, not just the Chinese though.

"So apparently humanity had a common language at some time and we got separated."

That's interesting.

5. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Some Asians have facial features (particularly the nose), like Blacks. This is also true with many Native Americans, who are of Asiatic descent.

6. Sun Ship

Sun Ship Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    If you would like to read an explosive thread about this subject there was a great debate between a Chinese sister named sinoping and myself, along with other members here, concerning the African origins of the Chinese. The articles, research and scholarship in this thread are very informative. You can also see how xenophobic some Chinese are about this subject.

Link here:
    Ancient Black Chinese?

7. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    {sigh}. Her response is not too surprising. Some non-blacks get scared at the thought of having any genetic link to Africans.

8. Jasel

Jasel Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually alot of asians in general do not like the thought of having any relations to blacks. If you were to mention this topic a Chinese the chances are they'd get pissed and think you were an idiot.

i'd provide a link but i copied it from another black discussion forum which didn't provide one. im sure you could google and find one with the information provided.

9. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31
    I think alot well actually most of Asians relate to whites more...

10. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Although we'd like to think that they are all of the same major racial group, anyone who has lived in California know there's a vast physical difference between many groups of East Asians.

Most of those from extreme northern regions like the Koreans and Japanese while having the slant eyes and black hair, often have a pale/whitish complexion, thin mouth and nose and very xenophobic racist nature.

However those from the southern most regions of East Asia such as the Vietnamese, Thai, and Filipinos are known for thier rich dark complexion, full lips, blunt nose as well as their spicy food and exotic culture.

There's also a difference in their body structures.

The Vietnamese and Thai are made much more stout and stronger than their counterparts from the North.

Because of this physical and cultural differences, many have reasoned that the East Asians of the south are some how not "pure" and have black ancestry somewhere down the line.

But the only East Asians I can think of with documented African ancestry are the Filipinos who were colonized by the Spanish.