Africa : African

<<<Out of curiosity how do you veiw whites and asians that call themselves african? are they more african than those from the americas and europe?>>>

There is a difference between an indignous and a non-indignous African. Those white and asians are the same people who invaded the continent and slaughtered black (indignous) africans centuries ago. They are not African, they've just been living in our homeland for a period of time.

I had to amuse myself by waiting for the venom to be spewed on Ngumbi before I posted my thoughts. First off, I think Ngumbi is right. If you were born in a place radically different from Africa then you have no idea what it is like to have grown up and lived there. For those of you who have 'walked the walk', have you ever LIVED in an African nation? have you had to deal with the lack of infrastructure, the inherent safety issues and other problems affecting 90% of the continent? I'm not talking about going on vacation there for a little while but living there and dealing with the same issues that Africans deal with on a daily basis. This is where you misty eyed romantics get it all wrong. This is where, once again, you do the white man's bidding. Let me turn a derrogatory snipe back around on it's originator: "Yes missah white man!! I bee's goin' back tuh aferickuh!! pleez don bee's whippin' me's no moh!! I bee's leavin' yo white cuntree!! I aint no THREAT to you's!!! Wonder what I mean by that? Whites want us to focus on the notion that we aren't part of America, that we somehow are less than them and should leave ( or in their best case scenario, be re-enslaved) and go back to a place that cannot even support the people that are there already. Many of you in this forum need to stop doing the white man's bidding and stop believing these klan paid hucksters that are doing everything they can to assure themselves a nice easy job in the big house.
While I have your attention, let me make one more point. As a whole, Africa is in crisis, and this cannot be denied. How may I ask can Africa take her place in the world without support? In the past, history has shown us that most other countries and governing bodies were only interested in Africas resources and realized that in order to USE Africa as a source of cheap _______ (fill it in with whatever you want, it probably wouldn't be far from the truth) the people would have to remain in a state of perpetual poverty and political upheaval. How might I ask would this change without a viable financial engine to provide funding to build the infrastructure necessary to make Africa financially independent? Here's a more important question: how could we as a people do this without using the best tool we have at our disposal, the wealth WE generate here in America? How WOULD we be able to accomplish this if we cut ourselves off from the wealth building engine that is the American economy? If we as a people finally saw the light and instead of focusing on silly mysticism ( you ready for that?) and this destructive black media culture that we seem to want so badly we would be in a much better position to uplift ourselves and Africa. But you know what? From what I've seen here, I don't think you all are really ready for that.

Tetsujin, you ask a lot of good questions but I don't see any concrete suggestions from you. You offer little NEW information about the condition of Africa that many of us aren't already aware of in spite of some of our "misty eyed romantic or silly mysticism" as you snidely refer to it as. I don't quite follow your notion that people who have a "love" for Africa is doing the white man's bidding. I haven't seen a strategic plan of action drawn up here in this thread that says that if some Black people move to Africa, that they won't be able to help build or rebuild a strong infrastucture or economic power base there. I think there's evidence that other people have been known to live in one country and invest accumulated wealth in others that they feel culturally connected to. What did you read here to presume that this couldn't be done by us?

Maybe I'm confused by what you wrote. Please help me to understand if I am.

Peace.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back