Black Entertainment : African World Music

Blaklioness

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 30, 2005
I'm looking to upgrade my music collection and want to add more albums and artists from the world community of African people (continental and diasporal). I am especially interested in traditional, jazz, and blues (mainly instrumental) but want only positive vibes and messages...something soul stirring and revolutionary/progressive. Can anyone make good recommendations? Please also indicate the genre and origin of the music/artist. Thanks a mill! :)

omowalejabali said:
Check for a group called Native Vibe.

I am into various styles of jazz. Avante garde to contemporary. Putomayo records has a Brazilian acoustic guitar compilation that is smooth and jazzy. Primal...that's why i suggested Femi Kuti but his father Fela Kuti is the Master. He has some very jazzy, extended pieces.Give me an idea of what kind of insturmental music you are into (artists) and perhaps we can compare notes..

Ok...I'll be honest...I'm ignorant, so you'll need to school me. :bus:
I do enjoy jazz but have not listened quite enough to be a connoiseur or to name names. Sooo....please consider me your pupil! ;)

I will also add, that ultimately, I would like to use the music for meditation and as listening alternatives to European classical music with my students. So, whatever you recommend, I'm open. Thanks...and peace.

Pharoah Sanders has a cut called "across time".

there is a CD called "Africa red hot" which is a tribute to Fela Kuti. it would be just right for you, i think.

get into Bob Marley. there are several good compilations on his stuff.

"Tutu" or "Amandla" by Miles Davis.

"the Foduk review" is hot.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back