Black People : African Roots of Ireland

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Amnat77, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    The Fomorians

There are many oblique references to the presence of Black people in ancient Ireland. Ancient Irish mythology refers to the original inhabitants of the island as being a giant, sea-faring people called the Fomorians (Fomors), which means “dark of the sea”. According to the ancient lore, they were a cu****ic people from the African continent. Often depicted as demons, they defeated the first few incoming waves of invaders, but could not defeat the Firbolgs, who settled the land and lived side-by-side with the native Fomors.

Those myths may have a factual historical basis. It is proposed that the Formorians were a real people who were in all likelihood sailors from the African continent.

Two more invasions, the first led by the godly Tuatha de Danaan, and the second by the Celtic Milesians, took control of Ireland, mixing together with the Fomorians until they were no more.

There are credible sources for the African association with Ireland. The most likely of these is that they were Phoenicians and/or Egyptians. The Phoenicians were Canaanites, which came from the line of Ham. Ham is the mythological ancestor of the Black nation.

The Phoenicians were also well-known for their sailing skills, and are said to have traveled to the British Isles, which they called the “Tin Islands”. Perhaps, before Ireland was a Celtic domain, which it wasn’t until a few centuries BCE, the Phoenicians colonized it. It is noteworthy that the name Fomorians sounds a bit like Phoenicians.

There is also a legend that an Egyptian princess, Scota, left Egypt with some followers and journeyed to Ireland. Legend has it that Egyptians left many ancient tin mines all over Britain but especially Ireland which was their major source of the valuable metal.

Another idea is that they were Taureg Berbers. The Berber language is Hamitic, and the Berber people live in an area from which travel to Ireland would be easily accessible. The Berbers perhaps set sail from western Morocco, and settled on Ireland before the Celts, making it their new home.

Moorish Science Temple founder Drew Ali teaches that Ireland was once part of a Moorish empire, and that the Irish are a Moorish people. Perhaps there is a common root between the “moor” sound in Fomor and the word Moor?

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/articles/african-roots-of-ireland/comment-page-1/#comments

2. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    ''Black, Viking and Irish

Unlike Scotland and England, Ireland was never colonized by the Romans. As a result, Ireland remained relatively isolated.

The Vikings established port cities like Dublin. The Viking texts left stories and descriptions of African soldiers captured in Ireland whom they called blaumen[blue-men].

Most Viking references to ”black” in Norse would have signified having black hair as opposed to skin color but blaumen meant black skinned. Most of these blaumen were captured soliders from Moorish Spain. It was observed that:

“A prominent Viking of the eleventh century was Thorhall, who was aboard the ship that carried the early Vikings to the shores of North America. Thorhall was “the huntsman in summer, and in winter the steward of Eric the Red. He was, it is said, a large man, and strong, black, and like a giant, silent, and foul-mouthed in his speech, and always egged on Eric to the worst; he was a bad Christian.”"

“Another Viking, more notable than Thorhall, was Earl Thorfinn, “the most distinguished of all the earls in the Islands.” Thorfinn ruled over nine earldoms in Scotland and Ireland, and died at the age of seventy-five. His widow married the king of Scotland. Thorfinn was described as “one of the largest men in point of stature, and ugly, sharp featured, and somewhat tawny, and the most martial looking man… It has been related that he was the foremost of all his men.”"

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/articles/african-roots-of-ireland/comment-page-1/#comments

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    According to some, the Tuatha de Danaan are the same as the biblical Tribe of Dan, thus were considered "Ethiopes".

Since you mentioned Drew Ali check also Hakim Bey's "Black Thorn Manifesto"

Peace

4. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    :bullseye:

5. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    If you ever meet up with a cool European Irish man they'll tell you the truth (especially when they're drunk..Lol they drink alot). One of my supervisors once told me ''oh we have black Irishmen'' I didn't know about the history then, so I asked: ''Oh you mean black people living in Ireland?'' he replied ''No, we have stories of black Irishmen in our legends'' I had no clue of what he was talking about then, but now I know....

the Irish are/were heavily discriminated against in Europe. During the British version of Jim Crow, signs were placed on shops, hotels, etc.. which read '' No Dogs, No Irish, No coloureds''.

I know they act really brand new in the US, and are known to be extremely racist- in NY especially... let me tell you they can't pull that nonsense here...cuz as far the British are concerned, they are Niggs of Europe...

I got sent to HR dept one time at work by a coworker(he was an old skin head, and i didn't know) because i made the mistake of telling him he remined me of NY police officer...i wasn't being racist, it was just the way he was dressed and his stoic expression his response was: Oh so, are you calling me an Irishman? I could report you to HR for that...i didn't (again) know the implications or the history at that time...but the man got highly offended and i almost got written up by HR...

6. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    My birth surname is "Connor" so those Irish genealogists dont argue with me since they know better.

This is the text I mentioned.

http://www.araltas.com/features/milesius.html

The descent of the Irish Celts from Adam
    1. Adam
    2. Seth
    3. Enos
    4. Cainan
    5. Mahalaleel
    6. Jared
    7. Enoch
    8. Methuselah
    9. Lamech
    10. Noah divided the world amongst his three sons, begotten of his wife Titea: viz., to Shem he gave Asia, within the Euphrates, to the Indian Ocean; to Ham he gave Syria, Arabia, and Africa; and to Japhet, the rest of Asia beyond the Euphrates, together with Europe to Gadea (or Cadiz).
    11. Japhet was the eldest son of Noah. He had fifteen sons, amongst whom he divided Europe and the part of Asia which his father had allotted to him.
    12. Magog: From whom descended the Parthians, Bactrians, Amazons, etc.; Parthalon, the first planter of Ireland, about three hundred years after the Flood; and also the rest of the colonies that planted there, viz., the Nemedians, who planted Ireland, Anno Mundi three thousand and forty-six, or three hundred and eighteen years after the birth of Abraham, and two thousand one hundred and fifty-three years before Christ. The Nemedians continued in Ireland for two hundred and seventeen years; within which time a colony of theirs went into the northern parts of Scotland, under the conduct of their leader Briottan Maol, from whom Britain takes its name, and not from "Brutus," as some persons believed. From Magog were also descended the Belgarian, Belgian, Firbolgian or Firvolgian colony that succeeded the Nemedians, Anno Mundi, three thousand two hundred and sixty-six, and who first erected Ireland into a Monarchy. [According to some writers, the Fomorians invaded Ireland next after the Nemedians.] This Belgarian of Firvolgian colony continued in Ireland for thirty-six years, under nine of their Kings; when they were supplanted by the Tuatha-de-Danann (which means, according to some authorities, "the people of the god Dan," whom they adored), who possessed Ireland for one hundred and ninety-seven years, during the reigns of nine of their kings; and who were then conquered by the Gaelic, Milesian, or Scotic Nation (the three names by which the Irish people were known), Anno Mundi three thousand five hundred. This Milesian or Scotic Irish Nation possessed and enjoyed the Kingdom of Ireland for two thousand eight hundred and eighty-five years, under one hundred and eighty-three Monarchs; until their submission to King Henry the Second of England, Anno Domini one thousand one hundred and eighty-six.

This makes me wonder if the so-called People of the God Dan are related to....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_people

It is possible that there is a connecton especially since they may be related to the Mande speaking people that Van Sertima and others claimed engaged in maritime trade with the people in the Americas in antiquity.

http://www.uiowa.edu/~africart/toc/people/Dan.html

Considering that the Dan are/were part of the secret "Leopard society" there are some other links here.

http://books.google.com/books?id=NA...epage&q=the leopard society in europe&f=false

See: "The Serpent and the Rainbow"

Peace!

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Another link:

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta...and-the-black-danes-compiled-by-invasion2012/

“The evidence indicates that Blacks in ancient times came to Britian from Spain, Felix Arabia, Egypt, Ethiopia, West Africa, India, Persia and what is today named Denmark. These Negroes were builders, scientists, masters of ocean travel and inventors of letters, according to Higgins, they built Stonehende, Gerald Massey agrees pg 11 Book of The Beginnings.” See Ancient and Modern Britons- MacRitchie pg 2

“The Danes, then were like the ‘MOORs’ -black. Like them, too, they were Picts, as more than one eminent writer has proved. The title of’GROM’ (WOAD-STAINED) is not confined to Highland genealogies, it was the actual name of a grim old pagan Dane who ruled over Denmark,(it meant daub).” See page 121, -David MacRitchie- Ancient and Modern Britons: Volume One (Ancient & Modern Britons)

8. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Check out the reviews in this Omowale..LOL...dem Irish Americans are not impressed!...have you heard of this book?

How the Irish Became White

[​IMG]

Users found this page by searching for:

1. african roots of ireland

2. black fomorians