Black People : African Prince does not exist

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by African_Prince, Sep 30, 2010.

1. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    and neither do you! It feels so strongly that there is a permanent, central observer in 'my' brain with a constant identity but there isn't. There are 100 billion separate neurons in 'my' brain and none of them is 'me'. Each of these neurons is made up of molecules that are made up of atoms that are replaced frequently (every few months, according to V.S Ramachandran). There is no way that I could possibly be the same entity (ie. arrangement of sub-atomic particles) that I was 10 years ago. Some of the atoms in my body are probably the same as they were 10 years ago but only because they've been recycled, at one point (or two, three etc.), they were also replaced. There is no actual 'African Prince', there are just a bunch of sub-atomic particles that experience the illusion of being 'African Prince'. It's only a matter of time before an entirely new community of atoms experience the illusion of being 'African Prince' and the atoms I'm currently comprised of are recycled into other things. It's entirely possible, not even unlikely, that any of the atoms that any of my neurons are comprised of will replace or be replaced by any of the atoms that any of 'your' neurons are comprised of.

This is such a beautiful and fascinating fact to me. It makes me feel connected to nature as a whole. I don't feel empathy for most human beings but I admit that it's inconsistent for me not to. If you were to take this to it's logical conclusion, you should feel empathy for everybody, since there is no separate, single 'you' that can be considered as having separate interests from anyone else. Any of the particles you're made up of could end up experiencing the illusion of being Bill Gates or a starving, orphaned child. This completely destroys the validity of ethical egoism. Logically, we should be doing everything we can to minimize as much suffering as possible and increase as much happiness as possible.

2. StefiA

StefiA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +215
    The same is true of pretty much your whole body, at least the soft tissue parts, not the bones - the body I have now will be completely different in 10 years time - so if all this changes it begs the question of what is it about us that stays the same or am I really remembering things a different girl who no longer exists did as a child - I guess that's where religion/spirituality takes over from science

3. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110

not here i don't but the projection of me is real

the future me is real

and separate from you, both equipped with the equality of being

trust is earned when the heart is mastered

bondage is only a state of mind, and freedom is only a thought away

i am to the point where my identity is not subject to transformation

i'll never exist "here"

i haven't formed there because that's not the "promised land location"

i appear to "follow" u because of my emotional attachment to you, meaning ur vibrations

vibrations happen with no ear and no air

if there is nothing to "hear" sound then there is none

they are all YOU or they could not access YOU

or ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE YA AFRICAN PRINCE

NOTHIN EXISTS A.P. (1996)

ONLY THE FUTURE YOU TO ACTUALIZE YOUR PAST SELF, TO SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY THRU YOUR EYES

TO NOT SUFFER ON YOUR BEHALF, SO U CAN C URSELF AGAIN