Black People : African or American?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Bootzey, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    This is a question for folks that live in the states....

Do you consider yourself African in any way?

2. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    Of course i do....what kind of question is this......do you or i originate from here? "American" is a term.....Afrikan(Alkebulan) is where we originate from, and who we are....the devils we are amongst turned you into so called "American", but thats not who you or i are.....

MA'AT

3. Chinelo

Ratings:
    +1,632
    Like all methods of manipulation the Romans sought to comletely disconnect the indigenous Afrikans with their culture, deities, and knowledge. This could only be successfully done by renaming the all archetypical incons, thereby disconnecting the

significance, meaning, and sacredness from any specific archetype. Three excellent

examples are The Kaballah in Mecca, Christianity, and the word Tekken. Kaballah

breaks down into Khemetic Ka= spirit, Ba = Body, and Allah or THe Creator or Creative Source. Christianity which is essentially the youngest religion patterned after The Khemitic Trinity of (Ausar, Auset, and Haru) now THe Father, The Holy Spirit and the Son. The Greeks changed these original names to Osiris, Isis, and Horus. The change in language has to be understood by the interpreter, not by the indigenous people, as well, the change allows a complete disconnection after a few generations, the original people will not longer see the significance since their language will not be in usage, nor will they understand the connections in the language to the cultural icon. THis is why every culture assimilates a powerful icon

From another culture, and after a few generations pressumes their culture originated this concept or idea. With Asians and the word Tekken; which means "iron fist" the derivitive comes from, again ancient Khem or Egypt as it is now called. The greeks refer to the icon as an Obelisk, but the indigenous afrikans called it Tekhen or Tekhenry . The Tekhen represented Asar and his ressurection. The Tekhen represents the phallus which was errect when Auset recieved the whole seed from Asar and begat or conceived Haru or Horus. If one is knowledgable about Nei Kung or Chi kung or Qi Gong, then they know the connection between an errect phallus and the iron fist. You cannot have one without the other since the cultivation of the sexual energy causes the by-product of the iron fist and errect phallus. Only if the language is studied do the context and meaning become clear. It would be no different from a spanish speaking person talking with a non-spanish speaking person who tries to mirror the speech but cannot get the complete meaning becuase they do not speak the language and do not posses the cultural iconic symbols and meaning that intergrate with that specific culture. Linguistics, Semantics, and Phonetics are usually dismissed, but will always hold the key to the truth. Even Zecharia Sitchin with attest to that.
    MA'AT

4. Chinelo

Ratings:
    +1,632
    Did you know that the ancient name of Africa was Alkebulan? "Among the many names Alkebu-lan ["mother of mankind" or "garden of eden"] was called are the following: "Ethiopia, Corphye, Ortegia, Libya and Africa - the latest of all.

Alkebulan is the oldest and the only one of indigenous origin. It was used by the Moors, Nubians, Numidians, Khart-Haddans (Carthagenians), and Ethiopians. Africa, the current misnomer adopted by almost everyone today , was given to this continent by the ancient Greeks and Romans. "

[​IMG]

You're not "American(Amerikkkan)

MA'AT

5. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    Do i feel African in any fashion?.....Not rly but i know i am of "african" descent....i dnt believe in race however but acknowledge where my ancestors stem from

6. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    American. Just like black people elsewhere identify with the country that they are from.

7. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    I know right! Only American blacks can't id w/ thier country w/o someone suspecting they have identity issues. Africans and Caribbeans are free to identify w/ their nation before their ethnicity. If a Black American identifies w/ America before Blackness or Africa...<<horror movie theme song>>...the Drop Squad will be at your house at midnight.

Anyway, Black American!

8. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    The question presents "African" and "American" as if they are mutually exclusive identities.. they are not. One speaks to Ethnicity while the other speaks to Nationality. I am Ethnically of the African Content... and I am a citizen of the United States of America. The question itself is ambiguous at best and deliberately misleading at worst.. Irish Americans are not asked, "Are you Irish or American?" Chinese Americans arent asked, "Are you Chinese or American?". The question itself illustrates the depth and breadth of the psychological mind-fu## that has been aimed at the African community in America. Anyone can see that we are ethnically African.. and if we are citizens of the United States, then we are also Americans..

So what then is the real question? Why solicit a disassociation with our African Ethnicity by tying it to American nationality? Don't answer that.. those are rhetorical questions that I already know the answer to.. Its a fact that Africans are always being asked to illustrate the requisite amount of disassociation from Africa for acceptance into the larger culture.. It's the same reason Obama works as hard as he does to not appear very African.. it's why he won't don a daishiki like Clinton did.. it's why he won't follow any cultural ritual that exists in any African nation the way he would, for example, in Japan.. or England.. there is great risk in appearing too African. That disconnection is necessary for the comfort of others..

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    i'm african american

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......It is impossible Bootzey for any black person in America to not associate with his or her deep ancestral roots, indigenous to Africa (Alkebu-lan). The nexus for all of us lies directly in our pigmentation or Melaninated skin color.

The best example of this connection would be the revelation Tiger Woods received at the hands of elite white folks when he more associated with his Asian mother over his African/American Dad, if I'm correct about that. The same applies to President Barack Obama as well.

Peace In,