Health and Wellness : African men, how do you maintain?

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Being concerned about the economy is important.

Staying aware of the changing laws and supreme court decisions and their impact on African people, is essential.

Uniting as a people and re-building our communities and healthy families, without question, is critical.

But with all of this may come a lot of stress that causes health issues.

Looking at the statistics, if one was to believe the data is true, African people tend to develop serious health issues that are claimed to be due to lifestyle. Hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, to name a few. I don't have any facts to support my claim, but I believe that racism contributes to a lot of our health issues.

African men, I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know. What I'd like to know is, how do you maintain / sustain your health (mental, physical and emotional) in the midst of all the chaos of living in a world that devalues African men?

Is exercise a part of your daily routine?

Staying aware of the changing laws and supreme court decisions and their impact on African people, is essential.

Uniting as a people and re-building our communities and healthy families, without question, is critical.

Looking at the statistics, if one was to believe the data is true, African people tend to develop serious health issues that are claimed to be due to lifestyle. Hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, to name a few. I don't have any facts to support my claim, but I believe that racism contributes to a lot of our health issues.

African men, I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know. What I'd like to know is, how do you maintain / sustain your health (mental, physical and emotional) in the midst of all the chaos of living in a world that devalues African men?

I am not spamming but a good ten to fifteen minute s of total gym, is as good as the twice that amount of time lifting wieghts! Malcolm stressed the martial arts but, there is great health benefit in practicing any martial art, just doing the warm ups, the stances, katas, fighting and weapons, are a good workout! And the internal arts of Aikido, Tai Chi, Pa Kua, Hsing I , Liu Ho Ba fa, and I Chuan are great stress reducers, and can also be practiced mentally as a meditation!

semmes_inset.jpg

1. I drink almost a gallon of water a day. I try to also balance intake with green or some other type of tea.

2. I walk a minimum of 30 minutes per day. Instead of eating a meal during lunch, I eat fruit then walk during my break to speed up my metabolism.

3. I try to eat no later than 6:30 pm.

4. I eat salad or other vegetables, uncooked, more regularly.

5. I take vitamin supplements: niacin. Chromium . Saw palmetto. Omega 3. Garlic tabs and a dose of aspirin a day. And watermelon for prostate health.

6. I went years where I could function on only 3-4 hours sleep and over the years weight piled on and I developed an acid reflux problem. So now I try to get a minimum of 7 hours. Drinking a glass of ice water helps to speed metabolism while sleeping. Taking a tab of aspirin helps to reduce blood sugar and pressure levels.

7. I keep a tight circle of a few family and clos friends and avoid drama at all costs. Which means I don't stress over relationships.

8. I rarely take work home. I keep the job at the job. And I don't date coworkers.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back