African Holiday : African Holidays - can you name any - along with their date / reason for celebrating?

Here is a more comprehensive Ethiopian calendar with names of the days and months. The months are broken down similar to the how months are divided in tropical or western "astrology". Based on the Julian calendar.

http://www.ethiopianorthodox.org/english/calendar.html

For example, the present month is March-April, known as Megabit.

Yes ... i think any African celebration that has a date tied to it ... can go on the calendar ... and we can learn about African celebrations in the process.

But wait ... i got another idea ... 'cause you goin' way fast ... :)

I was gonna do this myself ... add these events / celebrations to the calendar ... but i think i'm gonna let it be a Premium Member feature ... adding events to the calendar ... so ... instead of me giving myself more work to do ... how about i give it to all of us ... :wink:

Just start a thread about the event ... in the Events Forum ... and then add it to the calendar ... you game?

Let me write up a few instructions and yall can do this too ... i don't gotta be the only one able to do it.

Give me a minute.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

ps ... in fact ... it doesn't have to be just African holidays / events ... it can be any event ... it's just that it's this topic that got me thinking like this ... gimme a minute ... love you!

::
::

If you do the I will add as time permits. I just happen to have a few minutes this morning before getting ready for work.

I also don't have my notes in front of me but I have been working on a calendar system and will share information from than, again, as time permits.

African months? ... you know i went and looked ... googled ... i didn't see any "African months" ... :huh2:

Are you messing with me right now ... are there really different months in Africa?

You're right about the seasons, harvest, and stuff ... i'm seeing a lot of that.

Hmmm ... interesting ... i've yet to confirm an African holiday yet ... it's unfortunate that Wikipedia appears to be the only / best source for this information on the Internet? That's weird.

This all makes me have another question ... :wink:

Thanks Yall ... if you find some African holidays that we can add to our calendar ... let me know.

Love You!

Destee

By African Month I mean saying the name of a month in an African language. E.g. Mwezi wa kwanza wa mwaka or Mwezi wa kumi--which are Swahili for first and tenth month respectively.

If you do the I will add as time permits. I just happen to have a few minutes this morning before getting ready for work.

I also don't have my notes in front of me but I have been working on a calendar system and will share information from than, again, as time permits.

Okay Brother O ... that's kewl ... we'll all be doing it as we're able ... :swings:

No rush ... in fact ... just leave what you've posted here in this thread already ... for me.

And if you have time to add more later ... you start with any new stuff you find.

We're together ... TEAM WORK ... :love:

Love You and Thanks!

Destee

By African Month I mean saying the name of a month in an African language. E.g. Mwezi wa kwanza wa mwaka or Mwezi wa kumi--which are Swahili for first and tenth month respectively.

ahhhh ... okay ... that helps me understand better ... :love: ... Thank You!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back