Africa : AFRICAN HERITAGE IN CENTRAL AMERICA...

Panafrica, I don't know if you know this, but there is a Dominican community in Providence Rhode Island. There was an Attempt to form an alliance bu Dominicans African-Americans, but you know what happened next. I'll post this link so that you get an understanding about the obstacles. Notice how even a Dominican women who dedicates her time to improving the community was attacked and called a traitor for daring to support an African American candidate and campaign for one.

http://www.arc.org/C_Lines/CLArchive/story4_1_01.html

dominican azuca said:
Panafrica, I don't know if you know this, but there is a Dominican community in Providence Rhode Island. There was an Attempt to form an alliance bu Dominicans African-Americans, but you know what happened next. I'll post this link so that you get an understanding about the obstacles. Notice how even a Dominican women who dedicates her time to improving the community was attacked and called a traitor for daring to support an African American candidate and campaign for one.

That is ashame; however, it is but a minor obstacle! Through more effort & education...we will see that there are more reasons to unite between our communities than divide. By the way, I have noticed Bienamor's participation here decrease significantly since you've joined us Dominican Azuca....wonder why that is!

An explosion of Latino voting in Providence, Rhode Island this fall should have been a cause for celebration. Instead, it has revealed an electoral quicksand that pits Latinos against African Americans and separates identity from ideology--conditions ripe for manipulation by an entrenched white power structure whose corruption is legendary.

This sums up the danger of having divisions between African American & Latino (particularly African Latino) communities. There is strength in numbers. If our communities joined together, we would have unprecidented economic-policital power. Playing us against each other is to the direct benefit of the dominant white power structure. Unfortunately for every member of the African American & Latino community that is willing to bridge divides...there are an equal number who are ready to reinforce the prevailing white power structure!

panafrica said:
This sums up the danger of having divisions between African American & Latino (particularly African Latino) communities. There is strength in numbers. If our communities joined together, we would have unprecidented economic-policital power. Playing us against each other is to the direct benefit of the dominant white power structure. Unfortunately for every member of the African American & Latino community that is willing to bridge divides...there are an equal number who are ready to reinforce the prevailing white power structure!

So true brother panafrica!!! But this will all change as statistics pertaining to african-latinos continue to emerge. They will eventually have to question their political alligiance (particularly Dominicans).

As for bienamor, I don't think he knows me from the site in question, for I just use to read the forums. There is one particular afro-dominican lady that is very conscientious and extremely intelligent, that gives a very good perspective on some of the arguments that arise there --at times-- pertaining to identity, and at times she makes people look like the fools that some of them are.

dominican azuca said:
There is one particular afro-dominican lady that is very conscientious and extremely intelligent, that gives a very good perspective on some of the arguments that arise there --at times-- pertaining to identity, and at times she makes people look like the fools that some of them are.

Feel free to let her know about Destee.com...she would be a welcome addition to the site!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back