Pan-Africanism : AFRICAN GODS IN SOUTH CAROLINA...

Brother Isaiah ... wow ... Africa in America! :)

We are currently planning our first "Destee Family Reunion" and i thought visiting Africa would be great, but that could be too expensive for most (including me!) ... but look ... we have Africa right here in America! This might be a consideration for our Destee Family Reunion!

Thanks for sharing Brother Isaiah!

:heart:

Destee

Hi Sister Destee
Thank you for the warm welcome sis
I agree indeed
this would be a wonderful place to have a family reunion
Loving the wonderful addition to the forum.
Destee said:

We are currently planning our first "Destee Family Reunion" and i thought visiting Africa would be great, but that could be too expensive for most (including me!) ... but look ... we have Africa right here in America! This might be a consideration for our Destee Family Reunion!

Destee

Love to you and the family !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Destee said:

Destee

I think that would be an excellent idea Destee. How about sometime in May or June of next year. The weather is nice and warm then.

Isaiah said:
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1264/is_n8_v26/ai_17848466

A peacock's piercing whine echoes faintly behind pounding drumbeats as a dozen African villagers dance in a circle and call forth their Yoruban ancestors. Colorful masked dancers representing the ancestors, or egunguns, emerge and spirit-walk to the call of chants. The music of cowbells and drums swells as the egunguns wave to their living family members and symbolically depart to the Kingdom of the Dead. The annual Egungun Festival at the Oyotunji African Village is in full swing.

Nestled deep among the live oaks and palmetto trees of eastern South Carolina, just 65 miles south of Charleston's airport, lies the Oyotunji African Village. As the only traditional African village in America, Oyotunji comes complete with a king (high priest and ruler), a council of chiefs and village people. The sign on the tall wooden entrance gate reads: Welcome to Oyotunji. You Are Entering Into Another Realm. In the Name of Our Ancestors, We Welcome You.

Goats and roosters scamper across sandy streets as children freely roam the village. Low-slung multicolored thatched-roof houses of plywood and brick hold the carvings of Yoruba gods and goddesses. The 40 African-Americans residing in this ten-acre village live the Yoruban culture and tradition, a way of life dating further back than 500 B.C.

CLICK THE ADDRESS ABOVE FOR FULL ARTICLE...

Peace!
Isaiah

Hotep!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back