Black Spirituality Religion : African evangelists destroy artifacts

Perhaps this a good time for me to ask of you...that you would be so kind as to
share some information that coincide with your position.

While I may have a different take I am in no position to disagree with you.
And I'm not saying that for the sake of being disagreeable.
So I am willing to learn from you.

If you would recommend some books for me to look into, I'd be thankful.

Read "The Destruction of Black Civilization" by Chancellor Williams

"Common sense theory"... I like that.

If I can reflect on that concept empirically.

Just looking at us in this country. Knowing what you know about us and our
legacy...who are more hospitable in this country then us? Who are more open
to others who don't look like us, then us?

If your answer is 'nobody', then does it not stand to reason that that
character did not just manifest itself the moment we touched down on these
shores?

As of now, I'm going based on Onyemobi's observations, so I'm mulling theories over and learning just like you. What I will offer you is my own common sense theory. I don't believe we were as saintly as all that because, though I respect Onyemobi's idea, I tend to diverge a bit in that I don't believe civilizations are destined to fall unless they are going in a corrupt direction. Too much infighting was going on, and this will make the 'family' unit vulnerable to outside attack. Further, if you look at it from a spiritual standpoint, and we are constantly going in up and down cycles, then what true next-level growth can ever occur that way? All we'd ever be doing is going in constant circles...what greater purpose does that serve? If people truly believed that, under all circumstances, the cycles of growth and destruction are a given occurrence, then they would never complain about the injustices and atrocities that accompany them because they'd know it was simply part of the package. I'm sure some will disagree, but that's just me.

Well the only way that a great nation could fall would be if:
a) They stopped doing what made them great
b) What they were doing was no longer working

And to the last part of your statement, people know that dying is a part of life, and they complain about it. So therefore, why should the death of a civilization be any different?

My understanding of the Moors is that they were so busy breeding themselves out of existence that it would have been unlikely they would have done much of anything to stop them anyway. If the stories are true, they'd already begun to compromise themselves to the point of uselessness, especially when they were already--what?---600 years into their 800-year rule. Again, just going by instinct...got to keep putting these pieces together, otherwise we are headed for another useless cycle. Thanks for sharing.

The Moors were ruling Spain and other parts of Europe.

Well...you could perhaps read corruption into that take; if we started off with civilizations based in good intent and solid (ethical) foundations of all sorts and that becomes in someway compromised, then, yes, essentially, the winning formula is lost. I've heard that the ancestors did send word we needed to up our game but instead, arrogance got its way.

People die--true; but death does not have to be about violence and degradation. I think I look at the 'death' of a civilization in this way....what purpose do the atrocities serve??

Well the only way that a great nation could fall would be if:
a) They stopped doing what made them great
b) What they were doing was no longer working

And to the last part of your statement, people know that dying is a part of life, and they complain about it. So therefore, why should the death of a civilization be any different?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back