Black Education / Schools : African dresswear as a symbolic peace and unity

Discussion in 'Black Education / Schools' started by BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE, Aug 18, 2013.

1. BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE

BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Nefertum Husia Shayheh MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    Having school uniforms to me is like introducing another piece of culture on a nu thought platform with of course hooking up with the local fashion makers to include producing our own from our very own school of arts and botany soon.

Clothing has always been a jewel of determining a mental mindset of a people cultural aspect on life and how we interact. It is a formal expression and artistic pastime to include a duty of us all to be gold in order to provide services of gold for exchange of currencies etc. Check out a couple of the below websites I've been checking out cause there are more even on-ground without websites. Got anymore interesting clothing websites?

http://www.africanunityweb.com/index.php?view=category&catid=2&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=168

http://africanclothesandimports.com/mens-clothing.html

2. BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    I would like add Kimonos and Hanboks to the list as well as it uplifts the confidence, self esteem of all blaq women to the status, well, well being to perform duties in dignity and of it, along an admirable way creating a trend of self identified culture and so the males. When a blaq woman is cover in her inner cultural beauty rather than a trendy catch or trying to figure out who are you for this day, why not be who you are from the jump without worry of he or she say and to go further, trying to measure your standards comparative to her sister, brother and even other cultures...it eliminates individual separatism and fuses interdependent thought of a people as one from a school of nu thought beginning with the Princes and Princesses if you will.

This also aligns with health and beauty as a people seeing the nu leaders as one coming up ready for the society in which they are going to make rather than trying to integrate with. We make our own society to grow into a city furthering our compassion from the simplest thought of a seed planted to grow. I like the sound of this as it has been played before but never finished or quite complete. We dress in the art of peace, unity for all justice worldwide. No more european concept of the business industrial wear, no, our concept of life as our clothing and way of life always seems to last forever, regardless of the negativity. Heck even our architecture still stands like sand built ones while other ones fall to crumbles in pieces. We just simply know what we are doing and refuse to settle for less. We wear our pride, feel comfortable in our honest ways, and even appreciate ourselves more to discover the hidden value of what we call love on the inside. It will go over and under well for a change by introducing to our children what they've been waiting on for hundreds of years and that is being themselves profiting with unity of ourselves abolishing class for perception to hold on and increase the wealth and richness of our culture since the beginning of time. Sound off with a thought please.

3. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Thanks for the links bruh, I and my wife have started buying dress ware that reflect Africa and our heritage. What is odd is that when I go to the swap meet, Mexicans sell this stuff more than we do.

Peace!

4. BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    You are absolutely right!! They are even wearing the cultural aspects of their culture to go along with ours. Absolutely correct. I see a couple of folks around here dressing and I had mine a couple years back until it got damaged along with the kufi but I am getting some more again. And I always try to introduce these links to the females especially, cause don't nobody want to see your sister, auntie, cousin half, niece, wife, mother (these days even more), grandma too half naked without the tribal meaning behind it. Same goes with the males and skinny jeans, butt cracks and all bro. Here you have wonderful clothing that could be used for any season plus for me or males it plays a part of definition and looseness for wear. For me i can serious buy 7 outfits and be through for a few years just by keeping shape and keeping the clothing in great shape as well. It would express me to the fullest with all the colors I want setting me apart from the trends. I was trying my darnest to introduce our style of wear and even buy but the previous relationships were all about entertainment and not a forward progress and so once I see that I know right then it's time to get out of the relationship with another and form one definitely of myself as a whole. I gotta be down with me and a change and any other who is seeing a nu thought process. I take alot of pride in blaq women cause I be seeing who they really are but when you cannot see yourself then you can't possibly see me. Great example of you and your wife brother...I'm going to find a way to go back in time and find mine and no disrespect to any it's just I really don't fit in kinda like a time warp and I just happen to be here on earth or something out of the blue since 82. But I got a gang of female relatives all around so they will get some dresswear but it's nothing like a friend of a lifetime side by side and yall sharing the same ideas in mind. Keep being the example brother.

5. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928

We are looking at the Dashikis now...Once again...thanks. Because, out here, between the Asians, and Mexicans, we sell very little that pertains to our race.

I'm glad you got the plus sizes...:rofl:

Peace!

6. BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    Geah! Oh my family got them too! lol. Dashikis are great! Like I use to have an all black one with a golden embroidery and the kufi reading the Qu'ran while on a street corner before college sometimes. You get to watch traffic pass by, feel great and read another author thoughts. They got a couple shops down here but the seamstress is out or something cause I like blaq, brown, white, blues, reds, greens, purples shoot all colors.