Black People : African-conscious people who use the N-word...WTF???

ShemsiEnTehuti

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 28, 2006
Florida, USA
I am just curious what some of you think about the brothers and sisters who's mentality is *African-centered* or consider themselves *African-conscious* that use the N-word.

I started thinking about this after hearing the brother Khallid Muhammad use the N-word repeatedly in a speech. Then I recollected quite a few so called African-centered brothers and sisters using the N-word rather gratuitously, but speaking in a tone as if it could actually be used intelligently. Anyhow, just curious what you guys think.

If you haven't already, please watch the flash introduction to the Abolish The N Word website here...

http://www.abolishthenword.com/

...In defense of Brotha Khallid, I am quite sure that he was not doing it out of ignorance. Hence, he was CONCIOUS in using it, in that he understood what he was saying and why. When you see his intent(s), his use of the word is rather understandable.

Additionally, the followers I know of Dr. Khallid also use the "n" word sometimes, but they say they refer to a "niigga" as someone who works to destroy their own people. I say this to say that none of them (including Khallid himself) I am sure did not use it as a "term of endearment." As a matter of fact, I NEVER heard them referring to each other as "n!ggas..." they ONLY use it when they refer to Black folks who are working AGAINST Our People.

As for the other "African-centered" Brothas and Sistahs you are speaking of, this may be the same case with them.

Just my .02...

KD

KWABENA said:
...In defense of Brotha Khallid, I am quite sure that he was not doing it out of ignorance. Hence, he was CONCIOUS in using it, in that he understood what he was saying and why. When you see his intent(s), his use of the word is rather understandable.

Additionally, the followers I know of Dr. Khallid also use the "n" word sometimes, but they say they refer to a "niigga" as someone who works to destroy their own people. I say this to say that none of them (including Khallid himself) I am sure did not use it as a "term of endearment." As a matter of fact, I NEVER heard them referring to each other as "n!ggas..." they ONLY use it when they refer to Black folks who are working AGAINST Our People.

As for the other "African-centered" Brothas and Sistahs you are speaking of, this may be the same case with them.

Just my .02...

KD

I don't think it matters. The very use of it condones its casual use. It then is left to the discretion of the orator whether or not it is appropriate. However, I am sure the people being called the N-word then use their discretion to call people like brother Khallid a "conscious N----". Even in the perspective you are talking about, there is no justifiable or intelligent use of the N-word...even when referring to the traducers of our people.

ShemsiEnTehuti said:
I don't think it matters. The very use of it condones its casual use. It then is left to the discretion of the orator whether or not it is appropriate. However, I am sure the people being called the N-word then use their discretion to call people like brother Khallid a "conscious N----". Even in the perspective you are talking about, there is no justifiable or intelligent use of the N-word...even when referring to the traducers of our people.

That is well-understood...

But then as I mentioned, they use it to denote someone who is AGAINST their People, not someone who is WITH their People.

KD

KWABENA said:
That is well-understood...

But then as I mentioned, they use it to denote someone who is AGAINST their People, not someone who is WITH their People.

KD

What I am trying to impress is the idea that the very use of the word, condones its usage. Therefore, you cannot expect people to not use the very tool of attack that you use against them. Think about it like this. When Israel became a nuclear power in the Middle East, all of its neighbors then wanted nuclear power to match its defenses. Similarly, the same nuclear situation is already matched between India and Pakistan. Now you see all of the enemies to the U.S. vying to attain nuclear weapons since America has them as well. It is the same thing when using the demeaning verbal weapon of the N-word. The very utilization of it, no matter how dignified you are trying to appear, only condones the usage by those you direct it towards.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back