Black Money Business Jobs : African Business platform. Black Alibaba

Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by StoryKiller, Jan 31, 2017.

1. StoryKiller

StoryKiller Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +10
    We need money to build a building with electricity in Africa.
    Then we need money to buy used computers.
    Then people with relationships in Africa.
    Then a communication platform.

I hear somewhere that some people only make $1 a year there. I'm sure that exaggerated.
    wikipedia:List_of_African_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita
    Anyway. I can pay African talent for my digital art and content needs. And because I can, I'm sure others can as well, so we might as well make a platform for it.

I can only save a few $100 a month, but I've got ongoing endeavors to hopefully make more.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +10,124

This is the thread!!! ... :toast: :toast: :toast:

I LOVE THE IDEA!!!

I've actually been sorta kinda thinking on these lines myself.

Or at least, they'd merge ... my thots and yours ... :love:

Tell me more please ... what are you seeing ... how do you see it working?

Do you know of African sites that we could target?

We have a few Africans here, but I can see it expanding to count us all, ya know?

No matter where we are on the planet ... we could help each other.

Whatcha think? ... Tell me more please ... :)

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. StoryKiller

United States
    Ratings:
    +10
    I can program web apps. I'm stirring up a chat platform now. To get a real visual and feel for what can be done for the digital/online portion, just keep up with my progress.
    I can show something now, but I'd rather wait a week/8days.

The online portion would just be a project management platform for content directors(people paying for digital art/or being paid to mastermind the project) and content creators to collaborate, organize orders, track progress and development trends.
    I'd really like to create a basic blan platform first, and then invite you on and basically add feature by feature while using existing features (like the chat) to share ideas.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +10,124

Are you building your own site for this? What exactly are you proposing?

I think it's a great idea and we can't have too many places for us, so either way it is a win.

How about Becoming a Premium Member ... and following me on Twitter ... :wink:

It gives you a way to help an African right here, a few of us even, by supporting the site.

This platform already exists, has been here almost 20 years, all the while free for our people.

I'm more than willing to do all i can to help, but it's not clear what you want me to do.

There's no rush, take your time and let me know how I can help.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

5. StoryKiller

United States
    Ratings:
    +10
    Yes, I a building my own site for this. I expect it to be done sometime next year.
    My main goal would be to make the user interface more optimized for transactions.
    The only help I can look for now is relationship building with people in impoverished areas of Africa.
    I could personally pay up to $20 per request I make to content creators on the platform.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +10,124

Okay ... that is more clear, thank you.

I do not have any direct connections with people in impoverished areas of Africa.

I would think that Internet access might be a challenge for them.

I remember years ago us talking about Africa and the Internet.

I'm not sure what the status of that is now. I would imagine it has improved.

What do you mean you can personally pay up to $20 per request that you make to content creators?

I don't understand.

You will pay the content creators up to $20 per request (what is the request).

I'm not following, sorry.

I think the biggest challenge in targeting the "impoverished areas of Africa" ... would be them having Internet access so you could target them. Have you considered this? Are there any like areas that you have been able to create dialogue with regarding this?

I'd imagine too that the currencies in these impoverished areas would vary and probably not be conducive to online selling / shopping. Even trying to market to countries that are not impoverished, you run into these different currencies and how to properly service them all. I have no idea though, just thinking off the top of my head.

It would definitely be great if you can pull it off.

Destee

7. StoryKiller

United States
    Ratings:
    +10
    The $20 is something I can spend on my own platforms.
    I've considered the difficulty to access the internet. There would have to be "Tech Hubs" that are the best difference between different impoverished areas.
    I can only hope that there exist some middle spot where multiple groups can meet.
    Even an entire village can have one tech shop with a few computers, and those individuals could be the village tech leaders.

@"Are there any like areas that you have been able to create dialogue with regarding this?"
    I have reached out to some people in africa, but it's difficult to sustain interest back and forth. My next approach is to have a platform that's already ready and just grow relationships through black-focused social media platforms, like the other idea I was telling you about.

@"currencies in these impoverished areas would vary and probably not be conducive to online shopping"
    There would need to be a team that would initiate some new currency standards and I'd suggest those standard revolve around a crypto currency like Ethereum or BitCoin. Why I suggest these is a whole 'nother discussion all together.
    These people aren't really shoppers on the platform (they would need to cash out, I understand that) they are content creators. They are outsourced digital talent.

Relationships help soften the currency barriers. Conquering that phase is really about marketing with tactical infrastructure follow up.

Getting a sustainable tech shop could cost up to $100k to jump start. But with side projects and fund raising, this can definitely be done.

To really push this project forward I'm doing 2 things. Creating a black "stream of conscious" social media site to help circulate black interests back into more black interests. This will also help with promotions of some other things that I've programmed that could potentially make money. That's where number 2 comes in. #2 is one of many methods I'm currently executing to do something to attain more money outside of my regular software contracting job ($68/hr).
    The 2nd thing I'm putting a lot of energy towards is an online graphic novel about black characters. I believe I can create a good story that will attract a lot of readers, and from there the whole operation will pull in revenue from Adsense or another advertising service.

I'm a software developer. I have a whole network of projects I work on that are all intricately connected.

This "Mission to Africa" project is crucial to the future of the collective black conscious.
    We need to extract digital talent from Africa. Africa is the opportunity to do things right, from the ground up.
    This project could help spark the interest.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +10,124

Okay ... so the $20 is something you would pay the African, for having their content on your site? Or for selling their wares on your site? What are you paying them for, and who exactly are you paying? I'm not understanding that part still.

Wow @ such a big project, to say the least. Standardizing the currency in impoverished areas of Africa seems like a task unto itself, in fact, much of what you've said above are tasks unto themselves. And they are all needed to accomplish your primary goal, so there is lots of work in store for you. I admire your ability to see so far and be willing to take it all on.

Are you in Africa yourself? If not, what part of the world are you in?

Regarding reaching out to Africans, and not being able to sustain productive relationships and dialogue, might suggest that this too is a task unto itself, one that you must master for this to be a success. I really don't have a clue on how to tell you to do that, but searching for Africans on the Internet is a good place to start.

You say ... "These people aren't really shoppers on the platform (they would need to cash out, I understand that) they are content creators." ... and ... "We need to extract digital talent from Africa." ... mmmmm ... kinda made me cringe reading those words.

I asked above are you in Africa, but those words make me want to ask, are you Black ... and may be a clue as to why you were not able to sustain those African relationships.

Given the heightened racism in the USA, i'm just a little jumpy ... sorry ... :shot: ... :)

I found this graphic regarding Internet Penetration in Africa as of June, 2016 :

Internet Users in Africa - June 2016 :

[​IMG]

It does all sound good, very expensive, and lots of work.

You will need lots of people in lots of places, to pull this off.

I do wish you well with it.

Thanks for sharing with me.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

9. StoryKiller

United States
    Ratings:
    +10
    The site is a market place for people who need digital content and people who sell digital content.
    Even though I am building the site, I also have a use for taking part in the market. I'd regularly spend $20 for someone to create a graphic, sound bite, etc.

@"not being able to sustain productive relationships and dialogue, might suggest that this too is a task unto itself, one that you must master for this to be a success"
    My strategy is to maintain black2black relationships on the "stream of consciousness" social media platform. I guess we'll just have to see how that goes.

The future is accelerating at an alarming rate; socio-politically & technologically.

I'm black. "These people" meant content creators.
    And it is important to extract the sleeping talent within Africa's population. Black's as a whole won't have a chance to compete on a global scale if we let this technological wave of advancements pass us over.

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +10,124

Thanks for answering and elaborating a bit more.

It seems everyone who can is extracting greatness from Africa. It is a political landmine of its own, so you might want to talk about it in a way that does not sound or look parasitic. Especially here, at the beginning, when you don't want distractions from the the endeavor.

Okay, I understand now, the $20.00. Thank you! :)

I am poor and could not embark on such a grand plan. I would have to start very small, with no mention of standardizing other county's currencies, or providing an infrastructure for Internet access where none exists. But if i could, I surely would. My hats off to you.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee