Black Money Business Jobs : African Business Leadership

twashing

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 17, 2004
Saw this interesting video about an African Business Leadership awards, based in South Africa. Apparently it's the only one of it's kind on the continent, and is meant to project Africa and African leadership to the world (link).

The problem for me is, the founder and current proprietor is not black, but brown (and, I assume South African). Now, as a legacy of apartheid, all non-whites were classified as "black". And, as I understand it, that identity still runs through society. But it still irks me.

Whether it's this, or the new African Union HQ, designed, financed and built by China (link) !!! … I believe it's no excuse for not seizing, for ourselves, ownership of our economic destiny.

I know I'm building my own product and business from the ground up. And I encourage everyone here to do the same. I think, working collectively, we can seize the "commanding heights" of the African economy (read.. ownership). But that requires more courage, boldness, and, and … I leave the floor open :)

Brother TWashing ... Welcome Home ... :wave: :wave: :wave:

So good to see you again! ... YAAAAAAAAAAY USSSSSSSSSSSSS !!! ... :jumping:

I've included the video here for all to see ... thank you for sharing!

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

I stopped a youth and asked him "Who is his Philosopher?"

My perspective is how can we Africans expect liberation without a Philosopher?

It seems each of us wants to be "The Philosopher."

So though I agree with the outrage from China financing the African Union. It's only my independent research--not my dependence on a Philosopher--which makes me share that outrage. This means, it is just as legitimate, for a disorganized African, to be outraged as another African is uncaring.

This is the issue of African people.

HTP

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back