Black People : African Ancestry & DNA Tests: The Results

Thanks for bumpin this thread - it ties in real well with the one I just started up - interesting to see the results for all those people at the start - I agree with what was said about its relation to the one drop rule - seems like Europeans Americans score 3% SSA ancestry on average which means there's got to be some white folk going around with nearly 10% or something black in them without having a clue - I wonder how many of those guys over at Stormfront have plucked up enough courage to take the test - can't believe that many. Maybe anyone found guilty of any racially motivated offense should be made to take the test by law?

Hmmm...There's a thought....but Check out these POLL results from them:

Definition of White and Admixture

Results: What is the boundary for you to consider somebody white?

Fully European Ancestry - No Admixture at All 23 28.75%

Fully European Ancestry - Possibility of Old Non-European Genes from Ancient Gene Flows 15 18.75%

Half European / Half Other (Please Specify if It Differs by Race) 2 2.50%

Three Quarters European / Quarter Other (Please Specify if It Differs by Race) 8 10.00%

7/8 European / 1/8 Other (Please Specify if It Differs by Race) 13 16.25%

15/16 European / 1/16 Other (Please Specify if It Differs by Race) 12 15.00%

31/32 European / 1/32 Other (Please Specify if It Differs by Race) 4 5.00%

63/64 European / 1/64 Other (Please Specify if It Differs by Race) 3 3.75%

127/127 European / 1/128 Other (Please Specify if It Differs by Race) 5 6.25%

255/256 European / 1/256 Other (Please Specify if It Differs by Race) 4 5.00%

Some Other Fraction of European and Other (Please Specify if It Differs by Race) 1 1.25%

Must have European Y chromosome for males or European mitochondrial DNA for females 2 2.50%

Excludes People based on Non-Racial Factors (e.g. cultural factors such as religion) 7 8.75%

Looks white and therefore is white 8 10.00%

Looks almost white and therefore is white 0 0%

Loyalty to a white country is the defining criterium of whiteness 5 6.25%

Citizenship is the defining criterium for whiteness 0 0%

Looks white AND acts white and therefore is white 28 35.00%

Purely Cultural Criteria (Acts white adn therefore is white)

*Normally I would supply a link to another site; but I don't want to BEFOUL Destee.com with theirs.*

Interesting...
maybe they've had to review their ideas in recent years because they can't prove they're 100% pure white any longer...
In some ways they've gone back to the old pre one drop rule days, as in 1/3rd said somebody who looks white and acts white is white....
Don't suppose they'd probably include being a member of Destee as acting white or referring to them as white folk all the time - besides looks like the total percentage that would accept someone like me even if I did act white would still be only 55% - can't imagine anyone wanting to join a 'club' where nearly 1/2 the members think you're some kind of inferior being.

Let's ask a couple questions here

1. Why are people who spent hundreds of years separating us from Africa and making us ashamed of ancestors all the sudden eager to help us find our ancestry?

2. Why do they need our dna to trace us back to people whose dna they don't have?

The following article might answer these questions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_bioweapon#History_of_ethnic_bioweapons

This is what we know.

1. They are already able to create pesticides that kill undesirable insects on plants but are harmless to the bees that pollinate these same plants.
2. They've done unthinkable medical atrocities to us before (Howard University, Tuskegee)
3. I don't see them using dna to help whites find their ancestors in Europe.
4. AIDS, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, MOVE, Haiti. All these things happened with the last 70 years and the sentiments that-spurred people to do these things are still rampant.
5 But..but..but this in Skip Gates, Oprah Winfrey and Quincy Jones promoting this If they can use Black institutions like Howard and Tuskegee why can't hey use black individuals?

@River

Didn't I read that the guy who invented the test discovered he was quite a large percent black himself?

As far as bioweapons they've surely got enough from all the swabs done on people arrested, plus medical records not to need additional samples from volunteers.

Plus for those of those who aren't pure African and don't know all of our family history how else can we discover just what/who we really are - must admit my own reasons for taking the test were to see just where I really do come from - to finally discover just how African or not my heritage actually is - if you're born, as many quadroons are, looking almost white its always something that is an unanswered question because you never really know how many of your ancestors who said they were black were really part mixed or even dark mullatoes, so you never really know if you're 1/4 black (as I'm hoping to turn out to be) or if really its only 1/8 or 1/16. Maybe this insecurity is just something we mixed folk have - I wouldn't be surprised to find out a higher percentage of mixed people take the test than black folk or whites.

@River

Didn't I read that the guy who invented the test discovered he was quite a large percent black himself?

I think you're thinking of the man who co-discovered the structure of DNA.

DNA Discoverer Apologizes for Racist Remarks
Friday, October 19, 2007

NEW YORK — James Watson, the 79-year-old scientific icon and Nobel laureate made famous by his work on DNA, apologized Thursday for comments attributed to him that black are less intelligent than whites....

...In long profile that ran in the Sunday Times of London over the weekend, Watson, who won a Nobel Prize in 1962 for co-discovering the structure of DNA, was quoted as saying that he's "inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa" because "all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours — whereas all the testing says not really."

He went on to say in the profile that it would be nice if all groups were equal, but that "people who have to deal with black employees find this is not true."

Despite that, he also ruled out racial discrimination, because "there are many people of color who are very talented."

Watson's publicist, Kate Farquhar-Thomson, would not address whether Watson was suggesting on Thursday that he had been misquoted in the Sunday Times profile.

"You have the statement. That's it, I'm afraid," she said.

A spokesman for The Sunday Times said that the interview with Watson had been recorded and that the newspaper stood by the story.

COMPLETE ARTICLE HERE:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,303432,00.html

But, of course, he insisted that his comments were "taken out of context"...misunderstood...skewed, etc. :cool:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back