Black Money Business Jobs : African Americans doing business in Africa

Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by pdiane, May 22, 2006.

1. pdiane

pdiane Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +21
    Does anyone know of great business ventures in Africa for African Americans. Having been there a number of times I can think of a few. Like :

Natural Hair Salons
    Transportation
    Restaurants
    Hip Hop Clothes Store
    Music Studios
    Cyber Cafe and Call Centers
    Play Station CAfes
    Anything from America store
    Cosmetic Beauty Hair Supply Store
    Framing store
    Bike Shops
    Recreational Equipment Shop.

Any other ideas?

2. twashing

twashing Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I can't come up with any hard ideas about how I want to do business in Africa. Africa for me right now is all cultural and political. I have to travel there first and see how people get things done. I'm trying to do Real Estate here in N. America as a way of giving myself some financial footing.

I do have this fantasy though; Of creating a Library of African cultures and Languages. I mean we've written and created so much. What I have in mind is an organisation that raises and disseminates funds for research. This could be a place of study for students and researchers. And I'm an IT professional, so on a technical level, I know how something like this will work.

Tim

3. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    We need things that will rebuild Africa.

From MY observations of the businesses that are currently the most accessible in black neighborhoods in my area, they do not build anything. There is nothing wrong with having restaurants, beauty shops, etc. because they are still incredibly helpful but there has to be some variety with things that will build communities. Real estate agencies help legally build houses... construction agencies physically build those houses.

Basically we need a balance of businesses that will entertain us with those that will create houses, office buildings (jobs), and schools (education).

4. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

Financial Services: Tax Preparation, Insurance, Mortgage Brokerage, Consulting, Investment Advisement, Asset management, Corporate and Stock Investment.