OldSoul : African-Americans are confused about racism in four ways.

Those who truly love themselves and their relations, also should urge on our relations by the way of uniting for our best interests, not in fear and loathing of those who exploit and oppress us all...

What is there to disagree about?

People are willing to give god the credit for what man does, but won't blame god for what he allows.

Peace!

Sigh...

SMH

Why? You know where I stand at when it comes to religion, and if folks want to interject god where IMO it doesn't belong, I'm going to show it's flaws. Folks want to believe in a book given to them by whites and say that god freed us. the question that should be asked, based on what is said about him, is why did he let it happen.

Peace!

The post that started this thread brings up some very interesting points. I know I'm late to the party but I still have some comments I'd like to make about the issues raised.

Point #1: Whether tolerated or accepted by whites in America, Black folks are the “object” in any such interaction, not the “subject.” What I mean by that is that in either case, something is being done to us or for us. Neither case is acceptable in my opinion. A racist attitude is not necessarily always one of ill will; it can just as easily be paternalistic--an assumption that we require whites’ good will to successfully address the ever-present problem of racism in this country, or that someone of another race knows better than we do what we need.

Point # 2: I think we are savvy enough to know the difference between racism as an institution, racism of individuals and friendships between individuals. One would be hard-pressed to find an African American who believes that racism no longer exists.

Point #3: As conditions exist for Black people in America right now, I agree that this would pose a difficult choice. However, I would like to offer another scenario. In this scenario, African Americans have come together as a people. We own our own businesses, banks, educational institutions, grocery stores, art galleries, scientific and medical labs and on and on. In this case, the choice of how to respond when one’s boss tells a racist joke is clear--it is not to go unchallenged! The employee would know that even if the worst happened, if she lost her job for standing up and doing what’s right, she has someplace else to go. If this scenario is to ever be true, we have our work cut out for us :grouphug:

Point #4: Amen!

Peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back