Black People : African American

In my opinion ( this is only an opinion) I see it to be ignorant to say that we do not have some sort of view of other races (prejudice or not) we have typed words on this site daily, posted numerous threads commenting on the way we see things. Hell; there are probably over a hundred threads open right now dedicated to our view of whites alone, more so negative than positive. Each of us and I do mean each of us have formed our own outlook on other nationalities. Whether if we are with the main stream or not our culture itself has had impact on most of the people in this country today (meaning the United States). My view is this; most Asians and Hispanics strive to be white (notice I say most). I have lived in an environment of mixed cultures (mainly whites) for the past 14 years, and have come to notice the subtle differences in all, but to be frank, most view us with distaste. Asians and Hispanics strive to seem as if they are holding true to their roots and have no prejudice ness toward us, but let a white majority enter the room and the true colors come out, though some are truly genuine. Most black cats I meet that have been raised out here fall into this same line of thinking and them against all the others I despise with a passion, Now I leave you with the honorable words of the white man George Carlin “I try to judge one as*hole at a time”.

p.s.
Never been an English major so excuse the typos.

From your average black guy to you,

Rain

sinoping said:
How do African Americans view other ethnicities, such as Whites, Asians, Hispanics?

Sinoping:

Let me ask you a question. Are you black? By the series of post you have written thus far, I assume you aren't. If that is the case, be aware that many black people take offense to being studied, particularly in venues meant for black people!

panafrica said:
Sinoping:

Let me ask you a question. Are you black? By the series of post you have written thus far, I assume you aren't. If that is the case, be aware that many black people take offense to being studied, particularly in venues meant for black people!
I was wondering myself brotha pan...

:read:

sinoping? would you be much obliged to answer brotha pan :read:

for the sake of my mounting curiosity :read:

triniti424 said:
I was wondering myself brotha pan. Sinoping? would you be much obliged to answer brotha pan. For the sake of my mounting curiosity.

Sister Triniti:

Sinoping already answered the question in another thread:

I'm a young apprentice in learning African ( including African-American) people and cultures. Oh ya, and I'm Chinese.

Sinoping like I said, many African Americans take offense to being studied. In addition the Destee community is composed of 7000 members (not all active or even African American for that matter), compared to the roughly 30 million African Americans living in the US. Obviously 7000 people can not speak for 30 million, this is the 1st concept that you must understand! Can you speak for all Chinese, all Asians? There are numerous books that will give you the information that you are seeking. If you want I can provide a list, and places that you can purchase them!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back