Black Education / Schools : African-American hands out a 'whites-only' scholarship

Discussion in 'Black Education / Schools' started by MsInterpret, Jul 5, 2011.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    African-American hands out a 'whites-only' scholarship

by JASON WHITELY

DALLAS - On the surface, it was a simple scholarship presentation Thursday afternoon.
    But, the $500 grant Brendan Baird won is for whites only and Marcus Carter, an African-American, awarded it.
    "Just because you don't benefit directly doesn't mean it isn't beneficial," Carter, 27, explained.
    The U.S. Army veteran is the vice president of the Former Majority Association for Equality, a group that awards scholarships solely to white men.
    "It just got really frustrating when every other scholarship you happen to find online you need not apply to based on your ethnicity or gender," said Colby Bohannan, one of FMAFE's founders.
    Searching scholarship databases such as scholarships.com andfastweb.com, every group has their own. There are categories for only African-Americans, Native Americans, Hispanics, Asians and even atheists.
    But, Carter said as an African-American, he joined the group because he served two tours of duty in Iraq with Bohannan and thinks awarding college scholarships to anyone is beneficial to everyone.
    "I can't really say I understand where they're coming from, being only 27 years old, I don't feel racially oppressed," Carter said.
    READ MORE: http://www.wfaa.com/news/national/A...-out-a-whites-only-scholarship-124822514.html

2. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    :lol:....you have got to be kiddin me.....a black man giving money to a devil, after all the power,wealth,and land they've stolen and benefit from today.....see this is the type of ignorant sell out behavior that keeps us enslaved here.....all time new low right here....

MA'AT

3. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I don't understand why he's "FRUSTRATED" by whites not having their own scholarship...They have plenty of their own scholarships, it just doesn't read "Whites Only"...It's secretly encrypted in the grant itself.

4. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    the armed services will brainwash u ugly quasimoto like if you are not strong in the head.....

one love
    khasm

5. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    such words lol

6. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    abstract and relative ideas of fairness.. he has completely lost sight of what's what.. and how what's what got to be what it is.. how it is.. it's really really sad.. but he is a mirror of the psychological condition of so many of our people. it can make you wanna scream..

7. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    He doesn't feel racially oppressed, eh? I invite him to come down here where I live. Just today a white woman was walking past me and my mom when we were putting mail in a mailbox and she walked by like we were wild dogs. I'd like to see this moron try to kiss that woman's bottom.

8. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Dang! Where do you live? The South?