Black Spirituality Religion : African American Christians, Are You Aware of This?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Sunlover, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Sunlover

Sunlover Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
    CHRISTIAN TORTURE TOOLS:

The Pear of Anguish
    [​IMG]

They have a bulbous shape, and curiously are ‘decorated’ with inlays of bronze or copper. There is a screw at one end, which when functioned resulted in the opening of 4 ‘petals’. The diameter of these petals was controlled by the number of turns applied to the screw device.

There were three main divisions of these ‘pears’. Their purpose was to force open the orifice into which they were inserted. Mouth pears were forced into the mouths of the accused and spread open for a variety of reasons. The result could be anything from reducing the volume of the tortured’s screams to breaking their jaws.

Rectal pears were usually reserved for punishment of homosexual men. The pear was used to tear the rectum and bring about a slow death resulting from infections of the rectum from the horrible lacerations and tears from the spreading of the pear leaves.

The final version of the pear was the vaginal pear, which was used on women accused of consorting with the devil, and having engaged in carnal activities with said devil.

The pears are the only torture device known to have been “decorated” with inlays and actually considered to be ‘beautiful’ to behold. It is doubtful however that such decorations in any way were appreciated by the victims of their use.

The Saw
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Saw was used to cut the victim, who was hung by the feet and ankles upside-down, from junction of the thighs to the chest. The reason for hanging the victim upside-down was two fold. First, this assured maximum oxygenation of the brain, and would keep the victim conscious longer. The second reason was to slow down the blood loss, again assuring that the victim remained cognizant of what was occurring for the maximum amount of time. This method of execution took two people to work the saw. Saws were common instruments of execution because they were abundant.

The Ear Chopper
    [​IMG]

It was not designed to kill the victim, but rather to inflict a punishment that would mark the guilty party for life by lopping off one or both ears. The iron “cap” was fitted onto the head with the knives raised. The ears protrude through the ear holes, and the iron bands guide the blade down to slice off the ear at the scalp line.

Breast Ripper
    [​IMG]
    Designed to mutilate the female breast. It was clamped down over the breast and could be used either cold, or red hot, depending on the goal of the interrogator. This was primarily used on women found guilty of heresy, blasphemy, adultery, or self induced abortion.

The Iron Spider[​IMG]
    A variation of the Breast Ripper was the Spider. This was a set of clawed bars that a woman was dragged along until her breasts were ripped off. Rippers resemble the tongs used to lift large blocks of ice. The Iron Spider had between 4 prongs and 6. It was also used to pick up and suspend victims by soft tissue, such as the buttocks, the belly, and rarely by the head.

The Cat’s Paw
    [​IMG]
    A steel bar armed with 4 – 6 sharpened “claws”, which where swiped across the naked body. These claws ripped skin, muscle, tendon, and even bone from the victim.

Head Crushers

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Head Crushers were popular methods of execution. This device consists of a lower bar where the chin rested, and an iron cap attached to a screw mechanism. The screw was slowly turned, which results in the compression of the skull. The first things to fail are the teeth, which are shattered and splintered into the jaw. Next the eye sockets fail and the eyes are squeezed from the eye sockets. Some head crushers had special receptacles to catch the eyes as they fell out of the head. Ultimately the skull fractures and the contents of the head are forced out of the broken cranium

2. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    These tools were also used during the Europeand dark ages. Europeans did these things to each other before they went about using them on other people.

Astrologer4U

3. Sunlover

Sunlover Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
    The Torture Chair

[​IMG]
    The chair itself contains up to 2000 metal spikes in addition to a means of fixing the victim into the chair, and applying pressure to force the person’s body, or appendages more firmly against the spikes.

The victim was always seated on the torture chair in a special way, and the purpose was to perforate the flesh without immediately damaging critical organs.The would keep the victim alive and in a great deal of pain .

4. Sunlover

Sunlover Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
    Why Oh Why

Believe in Jesus Christ or get Tortured!

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Why, thank you, Sunlover, for this bit of history.

However, I prefer not to dwell on what some other misguided people did in corrupting the teachings and tenets of Christ. Those who employed these devices did so in spiritual darkness.

Their behaviors were not representative of Christianity, i.e., "Christ-like."

Just as, today, some factions of Islam which terrorize and murder innocent people are not true representatives of what Allah teaches. They have used and twisted, debased and fouled the Muslim faith with their own agendas but call their actions "holy" and divinely instructed.

So, whenever fanatics and psychotics and false prophets attach themselves to any ideology or belief system, past and present events show them to be a horrible examples of what are, innately, loving, respectful and harmonious religions.

Therefore, I prefer to study God's word and to enrich my life by "pressing toward a higher mark" and not give any of my mental time to that which is not what my Bible teaches me because "Man" has always found a way to debase that which is good.

But, again, thank you for this ugly part of non-Christian history. It stands as an example of how "Man" will do evil and call it "holy."

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Chocolate Trill Thunder!

Astrologer4U/cherryblossom

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Well said ladies, indeed!

7. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    excellent post

Sunlover,

It fails to impress me how people can continue to adhere to faiths and churches when evidence to their true nature is presented.

The patriarchal faiths are all tainted by the ugliness of their followers and leaders. The Jews, Christians and Muslims participated in the Maafa, yet we still find descendants of the holocaust adhering to their oppressors faiths:qqb010:

What religious followers don't seem to get, is that the collective spirit of those that claim a certain faith is the spirit you tap into when you call upon your chosen savior.
    When you call upon Jesus, what energy comes to answer your prayers?
    Doesn't that depend on how that energy is formed by the collective that believes in him?

If Jesus was a Black prophet than at least show him the respect to call him by his name and not the romanized plagurism of Hey Zeus (jesus)

8. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Astrologer4U

9. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    As a Christian, whatever "energy" I receive when I call upon my "chosen Savior" would come from my Savior and not any "collective energy" from others.

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

cherryblossom,
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: