Black People : African American Ancestry

anAfrican I didn't really take it that way but maybe you're right, I was taking it that we are more African than what they were saying we were. I think whites overlook the fact that we have much Native American in us if not more than white, which would account for why we look so much different from continental Africans. I seen an African the other day who was much lighter than myself(I'm pretty black) and I could tell just by the shape of his head, and the expressions on his face that he wasn't African American before he opened his mouth up. I couldn't tell if he was African but I knew he wasn't from here.

I see people often times overlooking facial features, people will say two dark skin or light skin people look a like, when in fact they only favor each in complexion, I don't do that. I could look at Sammy Sosa and tell you that he wasn't from just by looking at him, you can still see some hispanic in him despite him being dark skinned.

Deepvoice said:
anAfrican I didn't really take it that way but maybe you're right, I was taking it that we are more African than what they were saying we were. I think whites overlook the fact that we have much Native American in us if not more than white, which would account for why we look so much different from continental Africans.
Right; anyone descended from Africans is gonna be African at base. I have a Native American grandfather. I think that has an influence on my features. (I think "them maggots" just overlook anything they don't want to have to acknowledge.)

I seen an African the other day who was much lighter than myself(I'm pretty black) and I could tell just by the shape of his head, and the expressions on his face that he wasn't African American before he opened his mouth up. I couldn't tell if he was African but I knew he wasn't from here.

I see people often times overlooking facial features, people will say two dark skin or light skin people look a like, when in fact they only favor each in complexion, I don't do that. I could look at Sammy Sosa and tell you that he wasn't from just by looking at him, you can still see some hispanic in him despite him being dark skinned.
And then I see Ethiopians and realize that they are more Arabian than African! I saw this fine looking woman at Albertson's the other day (ain't no white women ever gonna fit in that category again, to me), and I was just marveling over the beauty of this Sister. Looking closer I began to wonder "Philipino? Asian influence in there somewhere, anyway! Sometimes I marvel over how Asian features so closely mirror African features! And Pacific Islanders.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about anAfrican. I've seen some gorgeous dark skin girls but you could tell that there was something just a little bit different about them in their facial features. They try to say we all all flat nosed and big lipped, but we are not all that way.

As far as the Native American I have it on both sides, the women on my father's side have the most beautiful blend of Native American and African facial feature. There some extremely dark skinned Native Americans in Mississippi, often their mixes are only distinguishable through hair texture.

The Africans I’ve been around and lived among consider AAs as being “mixed.” The fact is that most of them are never going to regard AAs as being African, unless they’re being polite. I’ve had some very frank discussions with them in which they’ve asked me that if AAs want to be Africans, why don’t we go to Africa and learn African culture, learn to speak an indigenous (not Swahili) African language, learn and practice African values and practice African culture in the ways we interact with our family members and raise our children? When I’ve responded that this is too difficult for most AAs to pull off, they say we are “not serious.”

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back