Black People : Africa They Never Show You

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by oldsoul, Jun 22, 2011.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
  2. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    Thanks for the images old soul!

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Ditto emanuel goodman...simply beautiful, and the music accompanying the video sets the perfect mood to enjoy it all...Some of us only see the jungle....thanks oldsoul.

Peace In,

4. wetac0s

wetac0s Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +272
    Beautiful. I wonder why they never show this side....

5. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    If "that Africa" was shown humanitarian aid to Africa would probably drop 50% or more.

6. Proverbs31Woman

Proverbs31Woman Be kinder than necessary! MEMBER

Ratings:
    +877
    Simply beautiful and spurs a desire in me to travel and experience Motherland up close and personal, but this journey is a great start..thank you oldsoul!

7. Afru Shukuwr

Afru Shukuwr Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    That was beautiful. Most people psychology still see African as a country I think and the darker people on the continent are the same. Without knowing better its easy to say its a poor man's United States. Some dont want to know better and others keep their eyes just on the evening news.

8. Energy

Energy Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +47
    But blackeyes why does Africa have to depend on humanitarian aid?

Do you know that Africa has more in natural and minerals than all these donor countries combined?

Foreigners come to Africa and become rich overnight. Why is that? I will tell you. It is because the continent is overflowing with riches. So the question is why can't the black man exploit what God has given him in abundance? But rather depend or beg for aid from the white man who has less? What is wrong with us?

Things are so bad that the white man has to come from his land to put food in our mouth. To give you an example of what I mean. We have gold, oil and cocoa in my country Ghana. However, we make very little profit from these. The white man on the other hand, who doesn't own these things but come to help us mine our resources makes billions of dollars in profit while the black man still wallows in poverty.

When the white man exploits these natural resources on our behalf he takes 90% and gives the country (black man) 10%. So you can see, even though Africa is overflowing with huge natural and mineral resources the people remain poor and foreigners who come to tap into our resources become rich overnight. Thanks to the fact we lack the knowledge of how to get at or turn our natural and mineral resources into goods we can sell for profit.

Before you rush off blaming the white man. Ask yourself: why can't the black man do as the white man? Does the white man have a brain superior to the black man? If the white man takes the time to learn how to explore and dig out the gold and the oil why can't the black man learn to do the same? Again, I'll tell you why. Because the black man hates knowledge. The black man is simpleminded, lives off having fun, and engaging in frivolities. The end result is poverty and suffering for the black man while the white man walks away fabulously rich at the black man's expense. This is true of the black man whether he lives in Europe, America or in Africa.

Until our people learn to do for self and stop depending on the white man for aid we will continue to wallow in poverty.

9. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    You have a point!

Ironicly this is the only side of Africa that those of us descended, from those kidnapped from that blessed continent see,
    How many out of the 30 plus million of us see the colonozation still going on in South Africa, the horror in the Congo, or what is really going on in Libya, Cote D Ivoire, Somalia, Uganda, Rwanda, and Nigeria
    A teacher may give a pretty picture of a child, doing well in school punctual and dressed, nicely,

but a parents love can tell from the smallest and faintest evidence that the child needs to see a doctor,
    and will make sure they do

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Welcome back Energy,

You had my attention until I read this:

Those are strong characterizations about our people, do you have research data in support of such offensive remarks.

Peace In,