Black People : Africa Is MY Motherland TOO!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Aug 11, 2012.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
  2. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
  3. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
  4. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
  5. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    I thought these comments were interesting:

Somalia has always been in a state of violent anarchy. Banditry and warlords were suppressed (but not eliminated) during the European colonial period (late-19th to mid-20th century). The private armies proliferated again once independence was achieved in 1961. Three decades later the country fell apart, and reverted to its natural state of fighting factions and general anarchy. It's uncertain if an elected parliament and 20,000 foreign peacekeepers will reduce the violence to tolerable levels.

polka23dot
    1 week ago

The UN is accusing leaders of the TNG (Transitional National Government) of stealing 70 percent of the foreign aid sent to Somalia over the last few years. The UN is urging members to enact sanctions on the most corrupt Somali officials.

polka23dot
    3 weeks ago
    --------------------------------------

6. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    CTJ:

Nice to hear back from you again...

But the links don't work...

And even this time we might have to agree to disagree..

One does to be cautious and wary of what are now revisionist takes on everybody's history...

I. e., who was or is qualified to claim Somalia's fate was or is predetermined, and so had ours been, in states, once?

I feel and think otherwise in both cases...

FYI....

7. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Your links aren't working!

I. e., do repost the articles from their original sources, and thanks in advance...

FYI...

8. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    actually, I read those two comments from the links that you posted.

yes, the history and current affairs going in in Somalia have been concluded by others and this adds to the cofusion and in my opinion, hides the real issues going on over there. But I do wonder and seek to understand because I think it's crucial to know.

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

The problems in Somalia directly relate to the failed state structure and is the legacy of colonialism and US neocolonialism.

The united states supported a dictator who was overthrown in I believe 1991 and competing factions have sought to consolidate the state ever since and have failed.

People do not understand that state governments will continue to fail in Africa because the artifial boundaries were for the most part drawn to divide communities against themselves. Africans are ruled primarily through kingships and in the instances where those structures or kingships were displaced and destroyed, factionalism and anarchy exists. Somali is a failed state. Thanks to American interventionism and it's ineffective UN and AU "peacekeeping" proxy missionaries.

10. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Yes, I too realize seeing modern Africa thru our eyes, i. e., so many generations removed from the lands of our distant (then enslaved) african ancestors, leads to obvious misconceptions, whereas seeing it thru those who are descendents of africans who remained in those places and spaces gives us a more up to date overview, good or bad, as regards what they (not us) are going thru...

But, there is an obvious tie between here and there, i. e., me also having shared ancestors with this continents indigenous folk, as well as we being reflections of similiar struggles, e g., originally those so called Somali 'pirates' were putting up a brave defense of their coastline, since supertankers were (or are) plaguing them with enviromental polluton issues/problems/etc. , via what they choose to dump in their midst...

Hence is why indigenosu folk etc. on both sides of the Great Lakes oppose the transcontinental pipeline project..

.Already the same petro pipleline company has plagued this state with the same b. s. (after one of its pipeline's polluted one of our rivers) (in Michigan)...

FYI...