Black Relationships : Africa getting DUMB?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by dustyelbow, Sep 14, 2006.

1. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    The Centrality of Women in the Moral Teachings in African Society

I tried to tell you through SCIENCE that sleeping with YOUR WOMEN as UNMARRIED is DUMB. But dont believe me because it has POPPED UP in Africa's past for some UNKNOWN reason.

I tried to tell you that there is a problem with SEX. I am not talking about JUST DISEASES. I was even told on another forum that MARRIAGE is wishful ideological thinking for TEENAGERS. CONDOMS is a more APPROPIATE and SAFER PSYCHOLOGICAL SANER CHOICE. But it appears they are GETTING SOMEBODIES MESSAGE. If true, things are getting REALLY DUMB. These OPTIONS TO DEAL about MARRIAGE is spreading like those DISEASES. From one AFRICAN to another AFRICAN. It also shows how much FAITH a people HAS in such THINGS. But this is OK. Afterall there are OPTIONS. Those SPOUTING OPTIONS about MARRIAGE must be REALLY GREAT TEACHERS. Dont tell me things are getting REALLY DUMB (less spiritual).

But OH WELL.

2. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    getting dumb for sure,like alot of us all over the world...

I also noticed how the article talked about contemporary afrikan christians not being fond of marriage but it did not focus on the traditional ethnic concepts surrounding such...

as far as the men not taking on physical activities (ie sex) before a game of football or any other demanding sport is not only a belief in some parts of afrika but also in other nations,with the idea that it will 'preserve energy.'

3. dustyelbow

Ratings:
    +21
  4. dustyelbow

Ratings:
    +21
    If Africa GOES, then it's really OVER for US but OH WELL

%%%%

5. NeterHeru

NeterHeru Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    DUSTYELBOW:

Brother you worry too much ;) The world is not ending (i.e. the destruction of African people in every conceivable way) is not happening now, nor in the foreseeable future. As long as there are African people existing there is and will always be hope, and consequently the absence of hopelessness. There is only one way to destroy hope: If all African people in the world wholeheartedly embrace a defeatist and victimizing attitude, then hoping is hopeless, because hope cannot exist within a person that accepts their own victimization and defeatist attitude.

6. dustyelbow

Ratings:
    +21
    Hey, I believe in HOPE but HOPE comes through LEVELS of AWARENESS.

WISDOM which FEEDS IT.

I do believe in us carrying that hope.

So far, we are carried away EASILY by despair and if you are HAPPY with NO PROBLEMS...

There is somebody RIGHT NEXT DOOR ready to END THAT. (PLOTTING)

If we dont understand this, then we will PERISH.

I mentioned that as CHILDREN we are BRIMMING with HAPPINESS but GROWN UP messing with RUTHLESS WHITE and PLOTTING EVERYDAY I see FROWN FACED ADULTS who TERRORIZE our CHILDREN with their GRIM OUTLOOK.

If I am LYING then so be IT. But that is WHAT I SEE.

I just see AFRICA as the foundation of OUR HOPE.

A prominent black man mention that if we are from AFRICA then there has been HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS YEARS where we SAW NO WHITE MAN or WOMEN in SITE to BOSS US AROUND and we OPERATED UNDER OUR OWN WISDOM which the REST of the WORLD BEARS. We made sure our RELATIONSHIPS MATTER.

Now I see the WHITE MAN or WOMAN as HEAD and many AFRICANS in AFRICA and US too SEEMINGLY KNOW that WHITE PEOPLE have WISDOM of the AGES while we have IGNORANCE of the AGES.

WHITE PEOPLE = FREEDOM in the "MODERN" WORLD from

BLACK PEOPLE = POVERTY in the "MODERN" WORLD.

WHITE PEOPLE = EASY LIFE with CONVENIENCE (TECHNOLOGY (MARKET ECONOMY = FRUITS OF WAR and MISERY))

BLACK PEOPLE = BACK BREAKING FUSSY WORK (little or NO CONVENIENCE (INFIGHTING and TRAPPED in OPPRESSION))

Who would you HOPE for in these CASES?

That is why I work on RELATIONSHIPS because if we DONT HAVE that TOGETHER, then we will PERISH as a PEOPLE.

But here I am TALKING TO THOSE TERRORIZING ADULTS.

To let them KNOW that your deeds still REMAIN and make us POORER.

They must come to REALIZE and STOP.

For me, I am LOOKING for US that are READY to TOSS the way of this WORLD.

But so far, I am the ONLY ONE out THERE. WHich I dont MIND. :)

Oh well.

7. NeterHeru

Ratings:
    +1
    DUSTY ELBOW:

Brother I applaud your sincerity and honesty in trying to resolve a problem, which our people fundamentally cannot solve, because we spend more time looking and searching for answers outside of ourselves to solve them. Hence when you say "if we DONT HAVE that TOGETHER, then we will PERISH as a PEOPLE," you're certainly stating the truth of our reality. However, I will tell you that the basic problem with our relationships is Black men, while sisters and children are a tertiary contributor to this problem.

Without getting into a long discussion on why I make such a claim suffice it to say I've done much analysis, like yourself, regarding resolving our relational issues and have come to such a conclusion. In any case, I totally support your effort and am in accord with what you've posted previously. I am curious though if you could clarify something for me.

You say "Africa" is the foundation for our hope, or more accurately you see it as such. So I am interested in knowing what you meant by "Africa." That is Africa the continent, African people, African cultures etc. Personally I don't see Africa exclusively as the foundation of our hope, but humanity itself and Africa as the guiding light to this bastion of hopefulness. Still I want to know your understanding respecting this.

By the way I want you to know also you're not alone in this regard. There are some sisters and brother out there who are like minded as you, I am one of them. However, we are not a majority, unfortunately. Most of our people seem to fall into three camps: We either focus our attention exclusively on racism/white supremacy and white people as the problem, blame our own people for these problems and demand that they "simply finish school and get a job," "stop killing each other" etc., or seek the assistance of 'God,' spirits and supernatural forces, beings, powers, Supernatural humans like Dr. Malachi Z. York and Ra Un Nefer Amen to resolve our earthly problems.

The focus of simply addressing our most humanistic and basic problem, that of how we relate to each other, is considered either a non-issue, a secondary problem, or always must be conditional to supernatural, mystical, spiritual etc. powers or forces to resolve (e.g. using Cabalistic, Kundalini, Metaphysics, Kemetic or Egyptian science (magic) etc. to solve them rather than simply dealing with basic questions of "How should we relate to each other as female and male, woman and man, adult and child, Black woman and man" and solving it ourselves).

8. dustyelbow

Ratings:
    +21
    Certainly I will get to your point very shortly but this is what our children get from the community. The story below that if she listen to those TERRORIZING ADULTS she would not BE ON THE INCREASE NOW. Just another HURT ADULT that make the COMMUNITY POORER.

This is a BLACK WOMAN with a LITTLE GIRL DREAM.

http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2007/02/23/20/893-0224faith530.standalone.prod_affiliate.57.jpg

The OLDER WOMEN I may add. She looks AVERAGE. Fit right into the MIDST of our COMMUNITY. Of course she has a RELIGIOUS PERSUASION about HER. But lets look PAST THAT and see what her DREAM was as a LITTLE GIRL.

The STORY

Doctor's 2nd calling
    When she completes her divinity degree, this busy physician will add another role -- minister

OK she is BUSY. How can a WOMEN like her DO SO MUCH....

What was here MINDSET that got her to DOING SO MUCH...

All she wanted to do was "heal all the DADDIES" and become a DOCTOR but our community was so quick to SAY SHE AINT NOTHING and TALK TOO MUCH.

It seems her MOTHER DIDNT THINK her DREAM was FARFETCH. She apparently had a PEACEFUL RELATIONSHIP with this CHILD'S FATHER. But the FATHER died from the EARTH before her STATED DREAM. But the MOTHER'S LOVE and the PEACEFUL RELATIONSHIP between them gave this LITTLE THEN GIRL inspiration against the TERRORIZING ADULTS in the COMMUNITY.

So is that ALL.

No.

As we can READ she had a STABLE RELATIONSHIP with a MAN that TOOK on TASK she may not POSSESS but was needed for the COMPLETION of FAMILY including CHILDREN to BRING STABILITY to their LIVES. SHE PICKED HIM and HE PICKED HER. FINISHED. This man has the VIRTUE of PATIENCE for an AVERAGE WOMAN. It doesnt APPEAR HE WASNT PLOTTING to BRING HER DREAMS DOWN. After all he was going to be one of those DADDIES that need HEALING even if he wasnt BIG DOLLA DADDY. She is not a BEYONCE or any other GLITTER STAR that we seem to THINK THEY BEST REPRESENT our COMMUNITY BEST.

SINCE she GRADUATED or MASTER her INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP and CHOICE she can MOVE ON TO

OTHER NEW THINGS.

That is PERHAPS why she is ABLE to DO ALOT.

But for US TODAY it's a MYSTERY.

Oh well.

Anybody that has her in their COMMUNITY WHITE or BLACK are SEEING an INCREASE.

9. dustyelbow

Ratings:
    +21
    In terms of COMMUNITY NOW...the PROBLEM will have to REQUIRE both INTELLIGENT (SPIRITUAL THOUGHT of ALL PERSUASIONS) INPUT from BLACK MEN and WOMEN and CHILDREN but not from those who FEED OFF the TROUGH and DREAM of RUTHLESS WHITE ALL the WAY THROUGH. At some POINT in AMERICA we will have to CONTINUE to DEAL with RUTHLESS WHITE but we should have A ORGANIZED EFFORT when that HAPPENS. Not do INDIVIDUAL DEALING or PLOTTING with RUTHLESS WHITE. That was what the CIVIL RIGHTS ACCOMPLISHED.

We tried alot of TECHNIQUES (ARTS, SCIENCES, LABORS, etc) as you know in the COMMUNITY but RUTHLESS WHITE has always got a LION SHARE of our COMMUNITY EFFORTS.

RUTHLESS WHITES INTENTIONS now DWELL in our HOMES.

It finally BROKE the BARRIER our ANCESTORS BUILT UP for SUCH.

I think the INTENTIONS is what made us GO DOWN with our RELATIONSHIPS.

So HERE WE ARE.

I'll TRY....

AFRICA to me stands as a MISSING LINK in our VENTURES in AMERICA or OUTSIDE the CONTINENT. SCIENCE had DISCOVERED that HUMANITY had come out of AFRICA. Since our ARRIVAL to these VARIOUS CONTINENTAL POINTS some of our PEOPLE had dreams of AFRICA in them. But AGAIN there was DISCOURAGEMENT from ALL SIDES.

Even some of our LATE ANCESTORS who DID GREAT THINGS in the NATION and RUTHLESS WHITE eventually TOOK IN ALL THE RECEIPTS from SUCH here said they want to HELP AFRICA in ONE WAY or ANOTHER.

I question WHY?

I never had thoughts of AFRICA when I was younger (NOR DID I had any BAD THOUGHTS even from what the WORLD SAW in terms of STARVATION POVERTY and SUCH) but when I grew older and DID BACK BREAKING LABOR with our POOR without JUDGEMENT for my then UNKNOWN GROWING LOVE for our COMMUNITY without COMPLAINT my level of HOPE for myself in the NATION went UP TOO and MY EYES OPEN UP to a NEW LEVEL OF AWARENESS. I started to see what my ANCESTORS seem to SEE PLUS MORE about the land their ANCESTOR came FROM.

Thats the WISDOM that FEEDS HOPE.

I started to SEE HOW THEY SURVIVED this LAND or the NATION.

To me that's AFRICA.

I KINDA have an IDEA of what they want from US THEN and NOW.

Going to the CARRIBEAN I want to know how they SURVIVE on those ISLANDS.

To me that's AFRICA.

Same with SOUTH AMERICA ETC ETC

To me that's AFRICA.

Yes, anybody with this KNOWLEDGE would want to PROFIT OFF of this to bring a BROTHER or SISTER into BONDAGE. MAKE A BIG DOLLAR from RUTHLESS WHITE and REIGN SUPREME.

ACTUALLY RUTHLESS WHITE is DOING that NOW.

But something told me NOT TO PURSUE. Stop PLOTTING EVERYDAY like the DREAMERS in the NATION. Everything will WORK OUT. If they SURVIVE, I can by FOLLOWING them can SURVIVE and PROSPER too.

Since then I have been on a quest to gain more INSIGHT into AFRICA. I tried to talk to US about AFRICA but they SEE ME AS A FOOL. Because they just dont SEE what I SEE. The AFRICA they KNOW they DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT. Because enough NOT ALL COMPARE the NATION as ESCAPISM reaching NIRVANA PROFITTING and their AFRICAN BEGINNING as extreme UGLINESS and LACK with NO PROFIT. The NATION and their DREAMS is MORE IMPORTANT.

If I decide to go to AFRICA the CONTINENT, I will KNOW what to LOOK FOR from US to get an ANSWER.

But all in all that's FINE by ME. No ill will from those EXPERIENCES.

When I say AFRICA, I mean ALL OF IT. From the OCEANS and its DEEP where our ANCESTORS BODIES lay in the SAND to the MOSQUITO INFESTED FOREST to the REGION in the CONGO where a WHITE EXPLORER states where the NILE RIVER gets its WATER to all COAST. Everything the ALLEGED BAD DISCOMFORTING EXPERIENCE to the GRAND EXPERIENCE. Alot of HIDDEN PLACES still there and HERE too that without AWARENESS will MISS and continue to MISS.

For me there is INFORMATION for me to BUILD ON WHY SOME OF OUR ANCESTORS still LOOKED towards AFRICA even in the CRUEL DAYS of SLAVERY till TODAY.

That's KEY to seeing us NOT PERISH ANYWHERE in the WORLD. Also to see us PROSPER anywhere in this WORLD TOO.

I see COMMUNITY with STRONG BONDS or RELATIONSHIP as a GREAT HEALER and RESOLVER.

SLAVERY in the NATION in terms of the PHYSICAL REQUIRED TREMENDOUS INTELLIGENCE (SPIRITUAL THOUGHT) about HEALING. Those NASHES and GASHES were to DEEP to heal with HERBAL REMEDIES ALONE. I think it TOOK the POWER of our COMMUNITY MEMBERS to HEAL our PHYSICALLY WORKED DOWN and BEATEN DOWN PEOPLE.

But again I TALK FOOLISH STUFF.

Oh well.

I just learned this from a old study about GROUPS and the spoken word and thoughts about HEALTH and HEALING. It made SENSE too me.

I KNOW I am not ALONE persay and I KNOW there is BROTHERS and SISTERS who are STRUGGLING with this MATTER. It's a STRUGGLE however we look at IT. They will make the DECISION. I will just hope that THEY WIN IT whatever it mayBE.

The focus of simply addressing our most humanistic and basic problem, that of how we relate to each other, is considered either a non-issue, a secondary problem, or always must be conditional to supernatural, mystical, spiritual etc. powers or forces to resolve (e.g. using Cabalistic, Kundalini, Metaphysics, Kemetic or Egyptian science (magic) etc. to solve them rather than simply dealing with basic questions of "How should we relate to each other as female and male, woman and man, adult and child, Black woman and man" and solving it ourselves).

We can USE all we want but if they WANTED to DEPEND on ONE ANOTHER when PUSH came to SHOVE they will LACK SOMEWHERE and without this "most humanistic and basic problem" being ADDRESSED that LACK OR HOLE will be the DOWNFALL of SUCH EFFORT. EVERYONE will want to SAVE SELF ultimately.

I see it this way. We will have to ADDRESS THIS at SOME POINT. If we dont DO IT ON OUR OWN then the ALTERNATIVE ISN'T GOING TO 'SEEM' JUST.

If RUTHLESS WHITE knows how we THINK and its EASY THINKING, we're FINISHED.

I would LOVE to go into LENGTH with the ABOVE SENTENCE but my THOUGHTS are on SLEEP and getting the BODY its NEEDS. Another POST I have then I go to it.

10. NeterHeru

Ratings:
    +1
    DUSTYELBOW:

Extremely well put and thoughtfully expressed brother. I definitely understand where you are coming from and hope myself that eventually we will focus on this issue or, as you say, perish as a people. Like you I'm a researcher; actually to be more specific most of my daily activity consists of researching in erudition and lucubration. It's just the kind of activity I've been enmeshed in since I was a kid, and have a natural affinity for.

In any case I'd like to offer, for your reading pleasure, you a scholastic book on this subject matter: SANKOFA: African Thought and Education, by Elleni Tedla. The sister is Ethiopian and does a masterful job of dealing with the issue of how we relate to each other, but approaching it from an educational and conceptual perspective, which essentially is relational too.

So, basically, if we understand how we used to think and our eruditeness (prior to colonialism and holocaust), comprehend what our thought process is now (after colonialism and holocaust) in relation to our educational development, we can applicatively address our problems in a syncretized fashion. It's a book I think you wont be displeased and disappointed to read if you choose to do so.