Pan-Africanism : Africa And Her People!

maroon1

Sep 7, 2010
In Jamaica West Indies the Ashanti became leaders of the rebellion and later became known as the Maroons. They were Queen Nanny, she was made a National hero, the only female hero. She is also the face on the $500 bill. Other Ashanti in Jamaica were Marcus Garvey, Captain Cudjoe nannys brother and the leader of the Accompong Maoon another of her sibling, her other brother Quako became the leader of the Portland Maroons.The Ashanti who made it to North America during the mid 1600s became men and women of honor they fought for freedom, justice and the right to govern themselves. In fact DNA evidence prove i am King Osie Tutu 1st great -great grand daughter these are my family members from the Ashanti Empire. Some were taken, others went on a rescue mission all were captured.They waged an 80 year war against the Brits hence, the 1739 British Maroon Blood Treaty. We fought for what the Ghana coat of arms said" Freedom and Justice". Some of the face of Ashanti in North America are Usain Bolt, Michael Jordan, Bob Marley, Malcolm X, Booker T. Washington,Frederick Douglass and Dr. Martin L. King, but the list is long just to name a few. The truth of the Golden Stool is with us here in Jamaica. King Osie Tutu children and great grand children were (Carry-beyone) in the Caribbean we are here. We are the Ashanti that later became the Maroon. Truth be known if you are African and not living in Africa you too are Maroon(ed) We are the Ashanti Maroon(ed) in Jamaica. My love for you my people is deep.

Orisons

Jan 14, 2005
London in the United Kingdom
Occupation
Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
In a thread on the Culture Forum I listed the following list of the various ethnic groups of Africa:

The Acholi, Afar, Amhara, Anlo-Ewe, Ashanti, Azande, Baganda, Bambara, Baoule, Basuba, Beja, Bemba, Bobo, Boran, Bubi (Mrs. PanAfrica's group), Bushmen, Chagga, Chewa, Chokwe, Comorians, Dan, Datooga, Digil, Digo, Dinka, Dogon, Dorobo, Duruma, Embu, Fang, Fon, Fulani, Fur, Gabbra, Ganda, Gawwada, Giriama, Gisu, Gosha, Gwikwe, Hausa, Hutu, Ibo, Iteso, Jie, Kakwa, Kalenjin, Kamba, Kanuri, Keiyo, KhoiKhoi, Kikuyu, Kipsigis, Kisii, Kongo, Kpelle, Kru, Kuba, Kumam, Kung, Lomwe, Lozi, Luba, Lunda, Lou, Luhya, Makonde, Makua, Malinke, Manding, Marakwet, Margi, Masai, Mbarakwengo, Mbere, Mbundu, Mbuti, Meen, Mende, Meru, Mongo, Mossi, Mukogodo, Munyoyaya, Nandi, Ndebele, Nubi, Nuer, Nupe, Nyamwezi, Nyankore Nyanja, Nyoro, Njemps, Ogaden, Orma, Oromo, Ovambo, Ovimbundu, Pende, Pokomo, Pokot, Rabai, Ribe, Rendille, Sabaot, Sakuye, Samburu, Senufo, Shangaan, Shona, Somali, Songye, Soninke, Sotho, Suba, Sukuma, Swazi, Taita, Teso, Tigre, Tigrinya, Tiv, Tonga, Twsa, Tswana, Tugen, Turkana, Turu, Tutsis, Urhobos, Wolof, Xhosa, Yao, Yoruba, Zinza, and Zulu.

After some thought I felt that this list deserves its own thread. Unlike many Africans in the Diaspora, African Americans generally do not know which ethnic group we are descended from: We are not sure if we are Wolof (Senegal), Yoruba (Nigeria), Mende (Sierra Leone), or a combination of several ethnic groups (which is more than likely the case for the majority of African Americans). This may actually be a benefit as we can claim not just one nation/people as our home, but the entire continent! I would like to use this thread to share/learn information about each ethnic groups listed. As we learn about them...we learn about ourselves!
Wasn’t it the so numerous numbers of ethnic clans within Africa with no concept or facility for unifying to defeat threats from people who aren't African that made our ongoing collective defeat inevitable, and is STILL inconveniencing the function of African countries today as nations as there are literally hundreds of ethnic groups?

Isn't the only positive legacy of the ongoing African HOLOCAUST the fact that the majority of people of African ethnicity in the USA, Brazil and the rest of the Diaspora cannot be specific as to which ethnic clan they are from thus freeing them to address the BIG PICTURE as to how to intuit, instigate and orchestrate the African Renaissance in Africa in the 21st century?

Isn't anyone who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

SlickBeast

Sep 2, 2011
Down Under
Occupation
Programmer/Game developer
Would the Merina of Madacasgar qualify as an African tribe although they speak a Polynesian language and possibly racially Polynesian or partly? They used to be the rulers of Madagascar. The famous now long deceased Matriach of my clan descended from this tribe. She was a minor nobility most likely (although my family exxagerate her importance by claiming she was a princess). They were dispossessed by the French and ended up marrying a French sailor after their deportation to Mauritius (so she must have come from a fairly powerful family); their Queen was exiled to Algeria.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
In the pictures I saw, the Tuareg looked Black to me. It doesn't matter what they consider themselves, what are they? If they are Black Africans, then self-hating Black people who do harm to other Black people wouldn't be the first ( again,the Hutu/Tutsi situation in Rwanda/Burdundi).

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
The Tuaregs are as mixed as African-Americans, and like African-Americans, most are brown or dark-brownskinned.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Would the Merina of Madacasgar qualify as an African tribe although they speak a Polynesian language and possibly racially Polynesian or partly? They used to be the rulers of Madagascar. The famous now long deceased Matriach of my clan descended from this tribe. She was a minor nobility most likely (although my family exxagerate her importance by claiming she was a princess). They were dispossessed by the French and ended up marrying a French sailor after their deportation to Mauritius (so she must have come from a fairly powerful family); their Queen was exiled to Algeria.
All the polynesians were black until their "discovery" by Europeans. Once the Europeans (French) took over, they brought in Japanese people to the islands to work on the sugar, etc. plantations (like Dole Fruit in Hawaii - brought in by Americans who stole that island). The original blacks either intermarried with them (like your ancestor) or were dispossessed by the overwhelming number of Japanese the Europeans imported.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist

Yes they are even though they migrated over two thousand years ago from Borneo.

Alarm Clock

May 6, 2013
In a thread on the Culture Forum I listed the following list of the various ethnic groups of Africa:

The Acholi, Afar, Amhara, Anlo-Ewe, Ashanti, Azande, Baganda, Bambara, Baoule, Basuba, Beja, Bemba, Bobo, Boran, Bubi (Mrs. PanAfrica's group), Bushmen, Chagga, Chewa, Chokwe, Comorians, Dan, Datooga, Digil, Digo, Dinka, Dogon, Dorobo, Duruma, Embu, Fang, Fon, Fulani, Fur, Gabbra, Ganda, Gawwada, Giriama, Gisu, Gosha, Gwikwe, Hausa, Hutu, Ibo, Iteso, Jie, Kakwa, Kalenjin, Kamba, Kanuri, Keiyo, KhoiKhoi, Kikuyu, Kipsigis, Kisii, Kongo, Kpelle, Kru, Kuba, Kumam, Kung, Lomwe, Lozi, Luba, Lunda, Lou, Luhya, Makonde, Makua, Malinke, Manding, Marakwet, Margi, Masai, Mbarakwengo, Mbere, Mbundu, Mbuti, Meen, Mende, Meru, Mongo, Mossi, Mukogodo, Munyoyaya, Nandi, Ndebele, Nubi, Nuer, Nupe, Nyamwezi, Nyankore Nyanja, Nyoro, Njemps, Ogaden, Orma, Oromo, Ovambo, Ovimbundu, Pende, Pokomo, Pokot, Rabai, Ribe, Rendille, Sabaot, Sakuye, Samburu, Senufo, Shangaan, Shona, Somali, Songye, Soninke, Sotho, Suba, Sukuma, Swazi, Taita, Teso, Tigre, Tigrinya, Tiv, Tonga, Twsa, Tswana, Tugen, Turkana, Turu, Tutsis, Urhobos, Wolof, Xhosa, Yao, Yoruba, Zinza, and Zulu.

After some thought I felt that this list deserves its own thread. Unlike many Africans in the Diaspora, African Americans generally do not know which ethnic group we are descended from: We are not sure if we are Wolof (Senegal), Yoruba (Nigeria), Mende (Sierra Leone), or a combination of several ethnic groups (which is more than likely the case for the majority of African Americans). This may actually be a benefit as we can claim not just one nation/people as our home, but the entire continent! I would like to use this thread to share/learn information about each ethnic groups listed. As we learn about them...we learn about ourselves!
Back in the 80s there was something called Tradewinds, that traced the saled of those of us kidnapped, and from what ships and ports and regions of Africa, then today there is the DNA tests, but does anyone know the best way for one to trace their ancestral tribe? And actually find and see our blood relatives after all these hellish years?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.