Afrakan Martial Arts and Warrior Culture

MississippiRed said:
I have an answer but it might not be what you're looking for it is however more than likely true.

In my experience I train without a shirt on a lot of times as well as a lot of other folks that I train with and under. Usually it's because we get hot either in the gym or outside.
I'm figuring that most times you see a dude working out or sparring or whatever without a shirt that's probably the main reason aside from maybe trying to get some female attention.

I think you might be looking for something that's not there. Hope that helped.

Red

Much appreciation for the response.

But since we are only talking men that seeming get value out of it while women remain covered due to reasons from men, reasons from society, reasons from religious meaning etc.

In essense we exalt a man and his topless demeanor and see shame or great pleasure in women doing the same amongst men amongst society amongst religion.

Why not men (speaking in general society context) value being covered up just as women are valued to be covered up even in extreme heat?

If men can go topless in martial arts and find peace and somewhat be exalted for being topless why cannot a women do the same.

Or is martial arts with its RULES independent from SOCIETY or actually an extension of IT.

Because today parents are told MARTIAL ARTS brings discipline for their children but I dont see how if we have our notion of a male can sweat with being TOPLESS and still be EXALTED. It does in a sense but it REINFORCES this SOCIETY REALITY.

Nothing wrong with it but it can also enforce RACISM and SEXISM too.

In this case with certain Africa and Africans this also has the same affect.

In many cases being naked EXALTED both men and women in the same instance.

But then again we all have REASONS.

Oh well.

Corvo said:
Dustyelbow
I don't know of any spiritual believes for being on earth as god created us. Being nude is a natural thing. Have you ever been nude outside, with others for an extented period of time( hours, days, momths)? I have. After a while you start to like it more then clothing. this may seem odd for some one to say. But I have been lucky to have had such an experience with different people. If there is no real need to dress, I hope you'll take the oppertunity to be all natural.

With love, Corvo

I have no problem in communicating with anybody in FULL BODY DISPLAY or NOT. Before perhaps I did with the traditions of this SOCIETY which can and do keep us in BONDAGE. Meaning away from HUMANITY. But sometimes things such as THIS carry a great deal of CONOTATION in DENOMINATING how much our society really IS.

It's a MARKER or GAUGE of one's attitude towards HUMANITY in a sense.

And Africa being the origins of HUMANITY...leaves much to be asking?

Why be naked (excluding sexual organs but in all it does not matter) in a land with so many CREATURES ready to tear at your FLESH?

Wouldnt clothing help?

If not then why be naked and suffer these SCOURGES?

Does it related to DISCIPLINE that MARTIAL ARTS boast so much ABOUT?

Alot of question that a RACIST WHITE SCIENTIST cannot seem to ANSWER but explains it away as "IT'S HOT in the LAND of the SAVAGES hence the reason for their NUDITY in which they MEN and WOMEN saw no SHAME initially?"

That's a form of SCIENTIFIC BIAS which have no DEPTH.

And they use this LIE to keep this world from the NAKED TRUTH...that it does not want to DEAL with but keep it as TRADITION without UNDERSTANDING.

I find it AMAZING that a PEOPLE in AFRICA would go NAKED to get HONEY from KILLER BEES...

and use it to commence TRADE with neighboring PEOPLES and they are not OFFENDED.

And that honey would probably go as far as ZANZIBAR and the MIDDLE EAST perhaps who VALUE their CLOTHING like we DO here.

And yes, I see you have extended your humanity which brings us closer to the god that has created us all, brother much love.

Thanks.

It just came to me to extend an invitation to any African martial artist of any of the Brothers off this site. If any of yall are ever in the S.F. Bay Area hit me up folk. I can get yall some mat time to train, spar or just to exchange ideas with other Brothers that are into the MA scene out here.

Oh by the way my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor is a Brother , Stan Kendricks, and he has done more for my journey in BJJ and life in general than most men I've met thus far in life.

Anyway yall know what to do if you gon be here or are already here.

MississippiRed1970@yahoo.com

Red
It ain't the size of the dog in the fight baby it's the size of the fight in the dog

MississippiRed said:
It just came to me to extend an invitation to any African martial artist of any of the Brothers off this site. If any of yall are ever in the S.F. Bay Area hit me up folk. I can get yall some mat time to train, spar or just to exchange ideas with other Brothers that are into the MA scene out here.

Oh by the way my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor is a Brother , Stan Kendricks, and he has done more for my journey in BJJ and life in general than most men I've met thus far in life.

Anyway yall know what to do if you gon be here or are already here.

MississippiRed1970@yahoo.com

Red
It ain't the size of the dog in the fight baby it's the size of the fight in the dog

Thanks red, I hope I can visit you and meet your teacher some day. sounds like you are serious. I live up in Eugene, if you are ever by here, drop me a line. I've done a little BJJ, I train mostly in Capoeira and Muay Thai these days, but I am always wanting to learn new things.

Axe!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back