Afrakan Martial Arts and Warrior Culture

MississippiRed said:
Does it really honestly matter? In my opinion it's completely irrelevant . The most important thing when it comes to Martial Arts is it's effectiveness not what they wear or don't wear.

Well, I am just asking.

Because martial arts incorporate elements of SPIRITUAL DYNAMICS (ie PEACE) and sometimes CLOTHING is said to block that MESSAGE. Many AFRIKAN WARRIORS are depicted as not having CLOTHING ON the UPPER BODY.

Even SOME of OUR ANCESTORS came here without wearing SHIRTS or FULL UPPER BODY COVERING.

Some say its due to CLIMATE but I just dont BUY IT.

I can see that but there was ALL KINDS of BUGS and SUCH that would crawl on the SKIN so CLOTHING WOULD HELP in that CASE. But still that was not a MOTIVATING FACTOR.

That is what I am trying to get at.

Thank you for your response.

Let me leave this question open to ANOTHER AFRIKAN WARRIOR.

MississippiRed said:
Does it really honestly matter? In my opinion it's completely irrelevant . The most important thing when it comes to Martial Arts is it's effectiveness not what they wear or don't wear.

Corvo , those were some cool takedowns. Are you a capoeiraista? I've always been interested in Capoeira and enjoy watching high level players in the roda.
Thanks for that video.

MississippiRed

Yo MRed, I'm with you!
and yes, I've been training/playing in Capoeira for 16 yrs. I love her very much. I've learned allot about our people thru her, as well. If you can, find an African centric Capoeira group, it really rocks.

Does being TOPLESS with no shirt is considered STANDARD for AFRIKAN WARRIOR ARTS such as CAPORIERA?

Dusty, No there is no significance to being with out shirts. it's only that men sweat allot in the tropics, when playing Capoeira. as you know there is no "real need" for clothing in many parts of Africa.

Axe! Corvo

Does being TOPLESS with no shirt is considered STANDARD for AFRIKAN WARRIOR ARTS such as CAPORIERA?

Corvo said:
Dusty, No there is no significance to being with out shirts. it's only that men sweat allot in the tropics, when playing Capoeira. as you know there is no "real need" for clothing in many parts of Africa.

Thanks for the response.

With our society outlook, I do think women sweat too in the tropics but I dont see them TOPLESS currently. I do see MEN being TOPLESS with MUSCULAR DISPLAY but not WOMEN.

Is that a trait of our Western society of MODERITY and GENDER ROLES?

Most if not all in AFRICA now COVER UP themselves out of RESPECT and LEARNED TRADITIONS of VISITORS in the LAND. They have a REASON.

So if they covered up for a REASON they must have a REASON to be TOPLESS both men and women in AFRICA.

But I wish to understand why?

as you know there is no "real need" for clothing in many parts of Africa.

And I dont believe it is due to just CLIMATE. A certain number of Africans could weave BASKETS, HOUSES etc out of PLANT FIBERS etc they could certainly WEAVE themselves a SHIRT.

This question is still OPEN to AFRICAN WARRIORS and anyone in SPECIFIC in which I will begin a new THREAD ON.

I am just looking for REASONS other than the CLIMATE talk.

White RASCIST SCIENTIST have used the CLIMATE TALK and its not COMPELLING ENOUGH. It lacks REASONS from the very people who chose too.

Does it have any other APPLICATION.

I have an answer but it might not be what you're looking for it is however more than likely true.

In my experience I train without a shirt on a lot of times as well as a lot of other folks that I train with and under. Usually it's because we get hot either in the gym or outside.
I'm figuring that most times you see a dude working out or sparring or whatever without a shirt that's probably the main reason aside from maybe trying to get some female attention.

I think you might be looking for something that's not there. Hope that helped.

Red

dustyelbow said:
Thanks for the response.

With our society outlook, I do think women sweat too in the tropics but I dont see them TOPLESS currently. I do see MEN being TOPLESS with MUSCULAR DISPLAY but not WOMEN.

Is that a trait of our Western society of MODERITY and GENDER ROLES?

Most if not all in AFRICA now COVER UP themselves out of RESPECT and LEARNED TRADITIONS of VISITORS in the LAND. They have a REASON.

So if they covered up for a REASON they must have a REASON to be TOPLESS both men and women in AFRICA.

But I wish to understand why?

And I dont believe it is due to just CLIMATE. A certain number of Africans could weave BASKETS, HOUSES etc out of PLANT FIBERS etc they could certainly WEAVE themselves a SHIRT.

This question is still OPEN to AFRICAN WARRIORS and anyone in SPECIFIC in which I will begin a new THREAD ON.

I am just looking for REASONS other than the CLIMATE talk.

White RASCIST SCIENTIST have used the CLIMATE TALK and its not COMPELLING ENOUGH. It lacks REASONS from the very people who chose too.

Does it have any other APPLICATION.

Dustyelbow
I don't know of any spiritual believes for being on earth as god created us. Being nude is a natural thing. Have you ever been nude outside, with others for an extented period of time( hours, days, momths)? I have. After a while you start to like it more then clothing. this may seem odd for some one to say. But I have been lucky to have had such an experience with different people. If there is no real need to dress, I hope you'll take the oppertunity to be all natural.

With love, Corvo

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back