Law Forum : 'Affluenza' teen's mother charged, $1M bond set

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
(CNN)Tonya Couch, the mother of "affluenza" teen Ethan Couch is back in the United States and has been charged in Texas with hindering the apprehension of a felon.

In video obtained by CNN, the mother can be seen in handcuffs Thursday with U.S. Marshals at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) upon her return from Mexico, where she and her son were taken into custody Monday.

Texas prosecutors charged Tonya Couch and set bail at $1 million, Tarrant County district attorney spokeswoman Samantha Jordan told CNN. An additional condition is that Couch must pay her bail in Texas. Currently, she remains in the custody of the Los Angeles Police Department in California.

"While the public may not like what she did, may not agree with what she did, or may have strong feelings against what she did, make no mistake — Tonya did not violate any law of the state of Texas and she is eager to have her day in court," Tonya Couch's attorney, Stephanie Patten, said in a statement.

Read more

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/31/us/affluenza-teens-mother-back-in-u-s-/

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Affluenza?? They just make ish up as they go along! This is so crazy. Do they have a Povertyenza??

Yes, but it will get you 5 to 10.

She will get more time than him. :lol:

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
Yes, but it will get you 5 to 10.

She will get more time than him. :lol:

The article posted says she did not violate an law. I don't understand how that can be. It seems like aiding and abetting a felon to me, but what do I know? Heck, I thought killing four people, driving drunk, was a punishable offence.... silly me.

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
The article posted says she did not violate an law. I don't understand how that can be. It seems like aiding and abetting a felon to me, but what do I know? Heck, I thought killing four people, driving drunk, was a punishable offence.... silly me.

They are going to charge her with aiding a fugitive. It comes with a pretty hefty sentence

Is Trump Going to Prison?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on I_AM_HER's profile.
Peace and Blessings Beloved! Welcome Home! :yaay: :yaay: :yaay:
Please Ask God to bless me in finances and better circumstances. I'm trying to move forward with my life and a better career. I need prayer warriors out there to save a prayer for Clifford. I was staying with my folks during my time of studies