Black Education / Schools : Affirmations and Creeds For Personal Success

cherryblossom

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 28, 2009
“An Affirming Pledge to Myself”:

This day has been given to me fresh and clear.

I can either use it or throw it away.

I promise myself that I shall use this day to its fullest,

realizing it can never come back again.

I realize this is my life to use or to throw away.

I am the only person who has the power to decide what I will be.

I make myself what I am." by Marva Collins

The Creed
By Marva Collins​

1. Society will draw a circle that shuts me out, but my superior thoughts will draw me in.

2. I was born to win if I do not spend too much time trying to fail.

3. I can become a citizen of the world if I do not spend too many energies attempting to become local.

4. I will ignore the tags and names given my by society since only I know what I have the ability to become.

5. I will continue to let society predict, but only I can determine what I will, can, or cannot do.

6. Failure is just as easy to combat as success to obtain.

7. Education is painful and not gained by playing games, but I have seen failure too destroy millions with promised hopes and broken dreams.

8. While I have the opportunity, I shall not sit on the sideline bitter with despair and wish later that I had become a literate lifter of this world instead of a failing leaner.

9. I will use each day to the fullest. I promise that each day shall be gained, not lost, used, not thrown away. Yet it is my privilege to destroy myself if that is what I choose to do.

10. I have the right to fail, but I do not have the right to take my teacher and other people with me.

11. I am the captain of only one life, my own. Therefore of I decide to become a failure, it is my right.

12. We were all promised the pursuit of happiness, and that is what I must do, pursue happiness and success for myself.

13. No one will give it to me on a proverbial platter, and on one will care as much about me as I must care about myself.

14. But I must be willing to accept the consequences for that failure and I must never think that those who have chosen to work while I played, rested, and slept, will share their bounties with me.

15. I will wave proudly my flag signifying that I am a failure by choice. but I will never envy those who have selected to wave their unfurled banners announcing their success.

16. My success and my education can be a companion. Which no misfortune can depress, no crime can destroy, no enemy can alienate, no envy or names can hurt me.

17. Education and success can be a lifetime solace. It guides goodness, it gives at once grace and genius to governments, communities, cities, township, villages homes and palaces.

18. Without education, what is man? A splendid slave, a savage, a beast, wandering from here to there believing whatever they are told.

19. A Higher Power is not some cosmic bellboy who comes at out beckon and call. If I want to achieve that first step must be of my own undertaking.

20. Likewise, if I want to fail, that too is my choice. Time and chance comes to us all. Whether I decide to take that time and chance is indeed my own choice.

21. I can either be hesitant or courageous. Life does indeed maroon the hesitant and inspire the brave.

22. I can swiftly stand up and shout, "This is my time and place. I will accept the challenge, or I will let others make my decisions for me."

23. I can swiftly stand up and shout, "This is my time and place. I will accept the challenge, or I will let others make my decisions for me."

Black Pearls: Daily Meditations, Affirmations, and Inspirations for African-Americans

by Eric V. Copage
gr_red_star_active.png
gr_red_star_active.png
gr_red_star_active.png
red_star_66pct.png
gr_red_star_inactive.png
3.91 · rating details · 11 ratings · 1 review

The 365 quotes that begin each day's entry range from African proverbs to wisdom from Malcolm X, among others of diverse and accomplished people of African descent.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/260535.Black_Pearls

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back