Black Education / Schools : Affirmations and Creeds For Personal Success

cherryblossom

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 28, 2009
“An Affirming Pledge to Myself”:

This day has been given to me fresh and clear.

I can either use it or throw it away.

I promise myself that I shall use this day to its fullest,

realizing it can never come back again.

I realize this is my life to use or to throw away.

I am the only person who has the power to decide what I will be.

I make myself what I am." by Marva Collins

cherryblossom

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 28, 2009
The Creed
By Marva Collins​

1. Society will draw a circle that shuts me out, but my superior thoughts will draw me in.

2. I was born to win if I do not spend too much time trying to fail.

3. I can become a citizen of the world if I do not spend too many energies attempting to become local.

4. I will ignore the tags and names given my by society since only I know what I have the ability to become.

5. I will continue to let society predict, but only I can determine what I will, can, or cannot do.

6. Failure is just as easy to combat as success to obtain.

7. Education is painful and not gained by playing games, but I have seen failure too destroy millions with promised hopes and broken dreams.

8. While I have the opportunity, I shall not sit on the sideline bitter with despair and wish later that I had become a literate lifter of this world instead of a failing leaner.

9. I will use each day to the fullest. I promise that each day shall be gained, not lost, used, not thrown away. Yet it is my privilege to destroy myself if that is what I choose to do.

10. I have the right to fail, but I do not have the right to take my teacher and other people with me.

11. I am the captain of only one life, my own. Therefore of I decide to become a failure, it is my right.

12. We were all promised the pursuit of happiness, and that is what I must do, pursue happiness and success for myself.

13. No one will give it to me on a proverbial platter, and on one will care as much about me as I must care about myself.

14. But I must be willing to accept the consequences for that failure and I must never think that those who have chosen to work while I played, rested, and slept, will share their bounties with me.

15. I will wave proudly my flag signifying that I am a failure by choice. but I will never envy those who have selected to wave their unfurled banners announcing their success.

16. My success and my education can be a companion. Which no misfortune can depress, no crime can destroy, no enemy can alienate, no envy or names can hurt me.

17. Education and success can be a lifetime solace. It guides goodness, it gives at once grace and genius to governments, communities, cities, township, villages homes and palaces.

18. Without education, what is man? A splendid slave, a savage, a beast, wandering from here to there believing whatever they are told.

19. A Higher Power is not some cosmic bellboy who comes at out beckon and call. If I want to achieve that first step must be of my own undertaking.

20. Likewise, if I want to fail, that too is my choice. Time and chance comes to us all. Whether I decide to take that time and chance is indeed my own choice.

21. I can either be hesitant or courageous. Life does indeed maroon the hesitant and inspire the brave.

22. I can swiftly stand up and shout, "This is my time and place. I will accept the challenge, or I will let others make my decisions for me."

23. I can swiftly stand up and shout, "This is my time and place. I will accept the challenge, or I will let others make my decisions for me."

cherryblossom

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 28, 2009
Black Pearls: Daily Meditations, Affirmations, and Inspirations for African-Americans

by Eric V. Copage
gr_red_star_active.png
gr_red_star_active.png
gr_red_star_active.png
red_star_66pct.png
gr_red_star_inactive.png
3.91 · rating details · 11 ratings · 1 review

The 365 quotes that begin each day's entry range from African proverbs to wisdom from Malcolm X, among others of diverse and accomplished people of African descent.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/260535.Black_Pearls

Is Trump Going to Prison?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest profile posts

cherryblossom wrote on watzinaname's profile.
Dropping by to say, "Hi!" ,sister Watz. Hope all is well.
cherryblossom wrote on WARRIOR's profile.
Hey, Warrior! Right On!