Advice please?

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by Fieldpea, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Fieldpea

Fieldpea Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +778
    I need some help. There's some stuff I don't know how to do. I'll make a list:

Q: How do I indicate that I'm grateful for a post someone else has made? I don't know how to show my thanks to them without actually creating a post--I mean, how to I do the 'useful post' thank you feature.

Q: How do I send a return note to someone from the CP User section? For now, I'm using the e-mail feature, but I don't know how to send a note 'back' the same way that I got one. I worry about this because I think it possible that a member who's contacted me in friendship *might not use* the email address that they used when they originally joined Destee.....in which case, my response effectively fades into the sunset (and they think I rudely failed to acknowledge them at all), so...

For now, these are the two issues that I've been unable to solve for myself. Hope you can help a Sister out.

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Hello, Sister Fieldpea! :wave:

To give someone a "THANKS," look at the bottom right-hand corner of their post....There you'll see some icons: "QUOTE"......and "THANKS." ---Click on the "THANKS" icon.

To send a "USER NOTE," on someone's PROFILE PAGE, above his/her name is a box field which has "USER NOTE" in it....Click on that. And then click on "POST A USER NOTE."-----Then, the user note message field will open up.

3. Fieldpea

United States
    Ratings:
    +778
    CherryBlossom, thank you for responding to my S.O.S.

On my screen (Ex: bottom right of your post) I have:

QUOTE button (the word *Quote* with quill and paper),
    MULTI-QUOTE THIS MESSAGE icon (quotation marks, a plus sign, and paper),
    QUICK REPLY ICON (paper and quill).

At the bottom left of your post:

POST REPLY button (paper and quill).

But there isn't any type THANKS icon to be found anywhere to the bottom right or bottom left of your post.

You understood---I meant User Notes--and thanks to what you've told me, I can now get going with firing those out pretty quickly. Again, I really do thank you for reaching out to help me.

One Love, and PEACE

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    wow...Well, hmmm.. *scratching head*

Well, since there's no "THANKS" icon there. (I don't know why.) :10500:

But, in the UPPER, right-hand corner of my post, do you see a symbol of a set of "SCALES?" (right next to the #2)

If so, click on that and you should be able to give a poster some "Reputation" and leave a comment, if you choose.

Well, that's my "help."----Anything else is truly "TECHNICAL SUPPORT" from Sister Destee! :)

5. Fieldpea

United States
    Ratings:
    +778
    Yes, I have the scales icon...and I even used it a day or so ago...

It was all I could do (in order to indicate my appreciation) for a post I believe that YOU did (Emmett Chappelle)? I had intended to post info about Mr. Chappelle, myself...

As for the THANKS icon and the User Note feature, too, I have to agree--I likely need Technical to take a look at things. I don't have access to either feature, including a missing drop down or icon for User Notes:10500:.

For now, I have only an e-mail dropdown located next to the person's name.

It'll have to do, I guess.

I appreciate your help, Sis...cause just by sharing info in your posts, I've been able to confirm what-all really is missing from my CP User screen. For a minute, I'd been thinking that I must be blind or something....I just couldn't figure it out! :)

One Love, and PEACE

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

Fieldpea,

Sorry, but cherryblossom beat me here and seems to have already handled the problems, you go cherryblossom, for real:)

Sister Fieldpea, while I'm not certain, time on site may also be a factor in the readiness of all your stuff. Like a 30 day window of sorts, but maybe not.

Also when in doubt or if no one responds, just title and post a thread, usually someone will reply that can assist you.

Peace In my sister friend

7. Fieldpea

United States
    Ratings:
    +778
    Piece of cake.....

Thank you, CC....like I told cherryblossom, just knowing I'm not going blind takes a real load off me...:)

Until I've been brought up to speed, I'll resort to doing THUMBS UP (icon) posts as substitute for the THANK YOU, and I'll also get happy with my scale icon, too--justifiably. I've been learning too dang gone much not to.

One Love, and PEACE

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

Sister Fieldpea,

I will send off some PM's to administration seeking info on the status of your Thank You's...Glad you are learning and enjoying it here, for real my friend...Peace In.

9. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Sister Fieldpea, are you still experiencing trouble with the "thanks" button?

:heart:

10. Fieldpea

United States
    Ratings:
    +778
    Hi, PurpleMoons

Yes. Still no button on screen for me.

One Love, and PEACE