destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

You all may have noticed, there are advertisements on destee. This is brand new, as we've never had ads here before. It may appear to be a hasty decision, but years of thought, discussion, and lamenting has gone into this. Here's one of those discussions for your review ... Advertisements on Destee?.

The ads are located in two places right now, the top of the page, and at the end of every page, of a thread. Some of the current ads may not be particularly appropriate for our community, and i'm trying to keep that minimized. We'll also be making advertising available to web site owners, entrepreneurs, authors, artists, etc., providing more information soon. This is a new area for us, and i welcome all suggestions and insight.

This major change was necessary because we are at the point of either dying, locking Members out, or making the community self-sufficient. We are ten years old, and should be able to support ourselves, so i'm gonna try to make that happen ... in a manner that i've never tried before.

I know some of you don't want to have to deal with advertisements here, and you don't have to. You can Become a Premium Member, and you won't see any ads. You will have access to our same peaceful, quiet, untainted, and relaxing community that we've come to know and love, with no advertisements flashing in your face. That's right, Premium Members don't see any of the ads, when logged in. If you are a Premium Member, and you do see an ad, please let us know. This is new, and there's likely to be some technical difficulties as we proceed.

I plan on having this as my topic for Sunday's Class @ 8 pm ET. So if you have questions and/or concerns, you can post them here, and join us there as well. I'll be more than willing to share all that i can.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

if anything

i applaud you on this

if you can make money

and keep us together

it's a win win

and i bow to you

and thank you for just being who you are

bringing this virtual world to the people

and i THANK YOU

I think its good!

I think its good, Destee and I back your hand.

Supported/"Approved"/Congrats!

while not all that thrilled about advertising in general (anybody ever notice that the french translations of "caution/warning" stickers says "advertisement"?), i applaud your making this (as has been expressed) difficult, almost "heart-rending" decision to go with ads. i hope you do manage to derive some small bit of "extra" revenue from them! (i do wish i could make your class, but have not quite figured out a schedule that would allow me access at that time ... without doing that dreaded money thing <shudder>.)

Here is Loving You!
me

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back