Destee's Thoughts Advertisements on Destee ?

Advertisements on Destee ?

• Total voters
anAfrican said:
ok, so, yeah; our very own Family seems to be somewhat reluctant to toss in the 10 bucks a month that keeps us online. yeah, and, sure; those of us that do support the site, and all the change that destee can spare (and, sometimes, then some) are carrying the load of keeping this site available so that Africans can have a place where we can Be OurSelves, where we can Give Strength, where we can Gain Strength, where we do all sorts of Learning and Teaching and Funning. even though we have to step over and around all these Members of the African Family that, for whatever reason, don't feel compelled to support our Family, i'd still like to suggest that we turn to the African Family for support.

anAfrican said:
but i'm completely against the idea of advertising on the site. yes, i do understand that we need something, and that some of our brothers and sisters are, for whatever reason, reluctant to show support for Ms. Destee's Mighty Fine Efforts by chipping in a measely ten bucks a month ... also, i am aware that this Family WILL CONTINUE, in some kind of fashion even if, heaven forbid, it does all fall apart. the Spirit of Destee will live on. even if that means someone puts together a private mailing list just for premium members so that we can still connect even if the site drops off for maintenance, server crash, server site "melt down" or loss of service from the provider.

The Family Is Worth The Effort!!

Brother anAfrican ... you're so encouraging ... thank you! :love:

:heart:

Destee

Thank you Brother anAfrican and Everyone with all of the wonderful suggestions and ideas, ways we can integrate the advertising in an acceptable manner. I really like the market place suggestion, and Sister River, amazon.com and other affiliates should (and probably will) be considered if we go this way.

My mind is too full to really follow through all of the finer points of possible advertising solutions and opportunities right now. Which is why i'm not really commenting on them too much. Right now my focus is on if we will have advertising here, but please, keep the suggestions and discussion going ... 'cause if we do, we'll need 'em!

:heart:

Destee

anAfrican said:
ok, so, yeah; our very own Family seems to be somewhat reluctant to toss in the 10 bucks a month that keeps us online. yeah, and, sure; those of us that do support the site, and all the change that destee can spare (and, sometimes, then some) are carrying the load of keeping this site available so that Africans can have a place where we can Be OurSelves, where we can Give Strength, where we can Gain Strength, where we do all sorts of Learning and Teaching and Funning. even though we have to step over and around all these Members of the African Family that, for whatever reason, don't feel compelled to support our Family, i'd still like to suggest that we turn to the African Family for support.

i wonder what would happen if "we" turned to the governments of the African nations around the globe? (never mind, you haters; don't come with the bits about how corrupt, or revolutionary or or or - stop beating us down with all the negative stuff you can find about our Family; everybody else is doing a bang up job of that - white folks do not need your help holding us back!)

reach out to all the African nations in search of, predominately, cultural exchange, seeking to expand, and embrace, the Global African Family. (ain't that what destee.com is about? building the African Family?) in the process, sure; why not offer advertising space for their industries? how about educational, cultural, cooking, dancing, music, poetry, skill building exchanges with Africans all over the globe? get to know the reality behind what we keep getting in the media.

just think what could happen if one African Nation decided to make a monthly donation? and/or if some educational or cultural attache decided it might be worthwhile to engage in some sort of mutually beneficial connection? heck, somebody might even want to toss up a whole new "bigger faster better" server ... or server _farm!_ for destee to run on.

reaching out to all of Africa might very well net us two, three, one, 400 new avenues of some sort of support; there might be some financial support - there is sure to be some cultural support!! and, hey!, we could grow a real taste of what African Earth really is!!

"how does a dream come true, if there aren't any dreams?"

I tottaly agree with you and am against it also (i mistakenly clicked "im for it")
Why don't we donate rather that wanting to click ads on destee. donating is far eaiser that clicking, i know that one for sure. i also know most of us here spend more that 10 bucks a day. Fast for a day and you can help keep destee.com alive for a whole month. The first question i asked myself was why are there so many members and only a few premiun members. so did my uncle.
Brother anAfrican, that was a wonderful idea of how we can place ads on this site and gain from it. I know for sure the people of Africa and most African governments will be willing to help destee.com stay alive. Infact, this is what they want and i bet some would be even more willing to donate more that 10 bucks a month. This reminds me, sister destee, do you accept payments through western union?. i mean if one wants to be a Premiun member

ibrahim said:
Brother anAfrican, that was a wonderful idea of how we can place ads on this site and gain from it. I know for sure the people of African and most African governments will be willing to help destee.com stay alive. Infact, this is what they want and i bet some would be even more willing to donate more that 10 bucks a month.
(shhh ... on the quiet, ibrahim; why don't you sound out a couple of folks somewhere up the chain and see what sort of weather might be in the offing? if there might be something favorable to be considered, maybe pass on a connect to destee? .... shhhh ... wouldn't want Sista Thug_Momma ta think we was slippin around behind her back while she was thinkin or anything like that ... QQ ... she might whoop on us or sum'pin!)

just seemed as if some of them might; thanks for the inside glimpse, brother ibrahim!
This reminds me, sister destee, do you accept payments through western union?. i mean if one wants to be a Premiun member

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back