Destee's Thoughts Advertisements on Destee ?

Advertisements on Destee ?

• Total voters
Possible "advertising" model?

rather than ads all over the place, how about creating a "Destee.Com Marketplace" - a seperate page, or set of pages - ok, an "e-commerce" addition.

on forum pages, there is a link to the marketplace. this could be a banner. in this banner, it's most often just a pointer to the market. sometimes, an advertiser will appear in the banner. whether that banner gets clicked or not, the advertiser pays 5, 10 25, 50 (how much are they paying for 30 seconds of air time?) per minute per viewer of that page. if the marketplace banner is clicked while it is showing an advertiser, that advertiser pays another fee and gets a hit to their "popularity poll" ... which will cost them another fee, of course.

once the marketplace is opened, by anyone, ALL advertisers begin paying 1, 5 or 10 per minute, per viewer, as long as the market is "open". this page could be presented as a browser for generic services and products. any advertisers that appear on this page are paying 5 or 10 dollars per minute, per viewer. this is essentially, a search page. search results could make use of the previously mentioned "popularity poll" to place an advertiser higher in the listing of search results. and, of course, there is a fee paid by the advertiser for this prominent viewpoint. if a viewer decides to click on an advertisers link, then, and only then, will the viewer leave this site headed for the advertiser's website ... for which a healthy small fee will be extracted. and if they buy anything from that advertiser, we collect again.

oh, and way down in a corner on the marketplace page, is a link to "misc" - this is the link to all of the white advertisers that happen to be accessible from destee. of course, all of the previous pay points apply to them as well.

now, maybe the figures above are a bit high - maybe it should only be a few quarters, or dimes, per view per visitor. but if they want to do advertising, they are gonna pay for it! ain't that the whole idea of doing this? ain't no sense in talking about "don't set the fees so high that they won't show up!" wrong!! "all the market will bear!"

but i'm completely against the idea of advertising on the site. yes, i do understand that we need something, and that some of our brothers and sisters are, for whatever reason, reluctant to show support for Ms. Destee's Mighty Fine Efforts by chipping in a measely ten bucks a month ... also, i am aware that this Family WILL CONTINUE, in some kind of fashion even if, heaven forbid, it does all fall apart. the Spirit of Destee will live on. even if that means someone puts together a private mailing list just for premium members so that we can still connect even if the site drops off for maintenance, server crash, server site "melt down" or loss of service from the provider.

The Family Is Worth The Effort!!

on the other hand

ok, so, yeah; our very own Family seems to be somewhat reluctant to toss in the 10 bucks a month that keeps us online. yeah, and, sure; those of us that do support the site, and all the change that destee can spare (and, sometimes, then some) are carrying the load of keeping this site available so that Africans can have a place where we can Be OurSelves, where we can Give Strength, where we can Gain Strength, where we do all sorts of Learning and Teaching and Funning. even though we have to step over and around all these Members of the African Family that, for whatever reason, don't feel compelled to support our Family, i'd still like to suggest that we turn to the African Family for support.

i wonder what would happen if "we" turned to the governments of the African nations around the globe? (never mind, you haters; don't come with the bits about how corrupt, or revolutionary or or or - stop beating us down with all the negative stuff you can find about our Family; everybody else is doing a bang up job of that - white folks do not need your help holding us back!)

reach out to all the African nations in search of, predominately, cultural exchange, seeking to expand, and embrace, the Global African Family. (ain't that what destee.com is about? building the African Family?) in the process, sure; why not offer advertising space for their industries? how about educational, cultural, cooking, dancing, music, poetry, skill building exchanges with Africans all over the globe? get to know the reality behind what we keep getting in the media.

just think what could happen if one African Nation decided to make a monthly donation? and/or if some educational or cultural attache decided it might be worthwhile to engage in some sort of mutually beneficial connection? heck, somebody might even want to toss up a whole new "bigger faster better" server ... or server _farm!_ for destee to run on.

reaching out to all of Africa might very well net us two, three, one, 400 new avenues of some sort of support; there might be some financial support - there is sure to be some cultural support!! and, hey!, we could grow a real taste of what African Earth really is!!

"how does a dream come true, if there aren't any dreams?"

sonnee01 said:
You have been heavy on my heart, so I want to take this time to tell you that you are not alone. I would just like to encourage you to continue to hang in there and be the fighter you are.

That BrownSkinBrotha is just heaping coals on his own head. Instead of this brother keeping it moving he wants to bring unnecessary drama and he don’t even realize that he is making it bad for himself. This brother is just another test, and we all know that life is filled with one test after another, so continue to pass your test with “Flying Colors”

So having said all that, just know that you are not alone, and that you have a sister right here who truly supports your vision and I will do what I can to help bring your vision to pass.

Much Love

Sister Sonnee ... I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU ... :love: ... our #1 :dj: ... :love:

I do love and appreciate you so much. Whew. Tests. I never did like 'em, but i do thank God and our Ancestors for bringing us through each and every one! We are so blessed here Sister, having each other! Whew! You talk of helping to bring my vision to pass, but Sister, let me tell you ... my vision was manifested long ago. This community has grown way beyond that, with the added vision, love, and Spirit of each of you. This is now our vision ... :love:

Thank you so much for ALLLLLL the love you give Sister Sonnee ... you're da bestestestest! :love:

:heart:

Destee

Nita said:
I'm jus glad you aint out there in the cyber alley tryin to sell your cyber goodies shoot..lol

i tried this, but didn't nobodee wanna b... wait ... is this in PM ... QQ

lol :lol:

Quit talk'n ta me Nita Mae! dadgummit!

oh gosh ... you so krazee! :lol:

Nita said:
And if we have to, we can sell Sister NNQueen's old wigs she left layin around here.

you betta be glad Queenie aint here ... but i will be copy'n and paste'n ... QQ

Destee

$$RICH$$ said:
One thing for sure Advertisement is not the answer
when they don't get hits then what they remove them and still
we are at stage one and no Funds ...If we can't support our own
who in the world can we support anything else (advertising) here.

Bottom line is we need to drop this and make a heartful change
support it or leave it , with all the talent here and wisdom here we
can come up with our own ideas and ways to give without hitting
the pocket c'mon family i know we are gifted in something why not use
it to support what you love and where you come daily is it hard or do you
really care , how much are you willingly to give while not one of us want
to see us go under but advertising not the way clearly rethink it for a while.

Brother $$RICH$$ ... we won't be making any major changes soon, if ever, as it relates to advertising. Nothing has been decided. This thread is really to let the Family know what we're facing, what we're considering, and how they feel about it. It's wonderful that everyone is sharing their votes and thoughts. I consider this discussion a great success, thanks for contributing to it! :love:

I'm still with you though, it's something wrong that we must depend on others, to sustain our home.

It sorta kinda speaks volumes.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back