Destee's Thoughts Advertisements on Destee ?

Advertisements on Destee ?

• Total voters
BrownSkinBrotha said:
I selected "I don't care" for if this is what is required to maintain this forum, it doesn't matter what my view is, you are going to do it regardless.

Brother BrownSkinBrotha ... if your, and the other Members' view didn't matter, i would not have asked.

I didn't have to ask at all. I could have done whatever i wanted to do, regardless of what others think ... but that is not how we live here ... and we've been needing help to maintain this community for a very long time, and have not put advertisements here.

How the Family feels makes a great difference to me, especially in times like these, when i'm not sure how to proceed.

Would your response be different, if you believed that it mattered? If so, what would it have been?

:heart:

Destee

Sorry to one that have to say No...to outside Advertisement
when we can find other ways to support our selves with many
different function , even as we all speak and know the lack of us
is greater then us as a whole and together which lead to a need
to keep our lights on and resources from outside the community
but do we really want to see any and everything to get this funding
backing to keep us here .....i say no we don't we can do this even if
we have to do some cleaning up, I really see this differently through
hardship of a community that's not willing to bond to support itself...

Destee if this where you have to go i back you 110% but i also wish
it don't come to this and we can find another way within ourselves
again Destee i will open the thoughts upon you with another proposal
at a later date.

We maybe ready for this but we Not !
it's easy for us to say yes but when it happen will we be able to handle it
are we really that bad to sell our space for outside hope and dem our
own dream for unwanted advertisements / ads / and whatever we face
right now i can't see it .....sorry family!

We can use our own minds to create goals and structure to bring
what it takes to harbor our own community with many sorts and kinds
of resources.

before going outside for help; how bad would it hurt to "live within our means"? what does it cost? how much does membership cover? (did i ever ask this: is there some way that this sort of info, or something like it, could be displayed? kind of a "barometer" of our Community's financial health where we could see it every day and feel it with you? .... or something like that?)

what with the realization that our Success at Coming Together in a Supportive Environment is being affected, as we knew it would be, by outside energies that don't want to see us go there; maybe it's time to tighten up the bandwidth that is being used? no more guest access. invitation only memberships? a moderation team screening applicants/members? move more stuff to premium membership; VideoChat?. if we lose long time members .... oops .. it costs money to keep the lights on! it would all/any hurt worse than advertising - but integrity would be maintained!! ... and, possibly, improved? sometimes one just has to take the meds!

[yeah; "more work": We Love You, Destee; We Love Our Community: We'd Love to Help!! Ain't Said Nothin 'Bout No Paycheck, Neither!]

lots of tech stuff buried under that opening up to advertising! and it's buried even deeper than that, destee!! big fat, ugly can of relentless worms in that direction!!

GrandHustle said:
Go for it. Try it for 3 months or 1 month. If it has a negative effect. Remove the ads. Using google adsense program will allow adding and removing tens of thousands of ads within minitues. (one ad display after first post of a thread) The text ads have the best click through rate. Remove the ad borders and change the color layout of the text ads to match the site layout. After one month take another poll to guage any possible adverse effect on the community. Keep top banner advertisement space available only to site members (advid site members minimum post number 100?)

Member cooperation in supporting the pay per click advertising can generate thousands in one day with wide spread participation.

Possibilities: 1000 Members click an ad per day
(.20per click average X 1,000) = $200 per day revenue.

The google adsense ads are disbursed based on particular page content. So a thread with content about music may pay .10cent per click. Pages with content about online trading, Online banking, Credit repair, refinance mortages: $2 to $10 per click.

Try it then evaluate after the trial period.

This is true... Adsense can be a powerful way to make money.

I am currently building a site which will generate revenue ONLY from Adsense and affiliate marketing. The ads are placed in such a way that it is visible yet not annoying, and they appropriately target the audience.

However, if one's goal is to promote only black business Adsense isn't the best way to go. First off, Google gets most of the revenue... and this is a white-owned company. Secondly, you don't have control over the ads displayed... it's determined by the content on the page. There is no way you can guarantee all of your ads will be from black-owned businesses.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back