Law Forum : Adversarial System - The Legal System and Lawyers

legit-writer

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 12, 2002
Do you think the adversarial system is good for our country or is it bad for our country? I think it's bad because it focuses more of who has the best lawyer and not focusing on fairness. Because of this, the victims are not being protected, the actual criminals are still walking the streets and the innocent are being punished.

Do you think the adversarial system is good for our country or is it bad for our country? I think it's bad because it focuses more of who has the best lawyer and not focusing on fairness. Because of this, the victims are not being protected, the actual criminals are still walking the streets and the innocent are being punished.

The pendelum swings back and forth. Right now, it's swinging for the rich and connected

i'm assuming you're talking 'bout the legal system...and lawyers.

if you're remember back to the old west, when they had traveling judges, they would go in and pronounce you guilty or innocent based on how you "looked" to them...and there was nothing you could do about it--no method of appeal. at least, in this adversarial system, you have someone to argue on your behalf. you're right, it's not about justice, it's more about winning and losing...and how lawyers do some nasty things to get that win. and, yes, sometimes it comes down to who the best lawyer is. but at least your side is heard.

the part of the process that irks me is the racist/negative opinion aspect some jurors may have towards black people. if their opinion is that we're guilty because we're black, what our lawyers say will not matter...they will still find us guilty.

WE STILL HAVE WORK TO DO.

I think its great .... if you know what you are doing.

The only other system is the inquisitorial system.
Court was never about fairness. It has been about putting on a good show.

It isn't the judge, attorney, or law enforcements' job to protect your rights.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back