Black Relationships : Adultery Anyone?

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
My Sunday school teacher, attempting to warn us against the pitfalls of adultery, told us about a man who was cheating on his wife. When his wife left him and he wanted to marry his mistress she said no because if he cheated on his wife he will cheat on her too.

I know this was supposed to be somekind of poetic justice against the man. But when I think about it the mistress was being very dishonest. I have my thoughts about it but I'd like to hear from ya'll. What's your opinion?

river said:
My Sunday school teacher, attempting to warn us against the pitfalls of adultery, told us about a man who was cheating on his wife. When his wife left him and he wanted to marry his mistress she said no because if he cheated on his wife he will cheat on her too.

I know this was supposed to be somekind of poetic justice against the man. But when I think about it the mistress was being very dishonest. I have my thoughts about it but I'd like to hear from ya'll. What's your opinion?

Hi sister River. I'm glad to see you are still running the race. Adultery is one of those sins that go hand in hand with fornication. Adultery is a tricky sin as well. When most people think of adultery they think of physical adultery but a person can committ adultery in their heart. "Well that doesn't count," some might say but think about it like this, if a person lusts and desires someone in their heart long enough the opportunity to committ adultery will present itself and they will act. The flesh yearns and longs to fulfill desires of the heart. Thats when we get in trouble. Especially if you're married. The unwed person participating in the affair is committing fornication. If men and women stop committing fornication then the likelihood of adultery would decrease in two ways. One the adulterer would have no one too cheat with and two men and women willing to wait until marriage before having sex are already on the same accord with moral values. Adultery is devastating sin the ruins a persons life and others involved such as spouses and children for a long time. Don't believe me look at Kobe Bryant. Fornication destroys families before they start and adultery destroys families in progress.

Peace & Blessings Sister......

People tend to commit adultery because they are getting emotional and/or sexual satisfaction not present in their marriage. This of course applies to couples who originally loved each other in the first place. If someone is married to a 'playa', then there should be no surprise when the person cheats.

The best thing to help try to avoid the temptation of cheating is to: 1) be open and honest with your partner, 2) do things to spice up the marriage.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back