Black People : Adopt an establish African culture. Why?

KingSango

BANNED
Aug 18, 2013
African Americans need to adopt a culture of Africa in order to elevate themselves as a people. The ones who unite behind an ancestral culture of Africa who shows they can prosper no matter how many will succeed to make it out of the nightmare of slavery. The premise is that slavery is not yet over because mental slavery exists. This mental slavery is double consciousness, it is a double mind that exists in Africans in diaspora who lost their traditional African culture and was forced to adopt European and not allowed respect in it. To me it is the mind of the destroyed African who ancestors once knew who they were during the Middle Passage. It is the amalgamation of the ghost African who doesn't know Africa has died in his heart so he wanders in a strange land longer than 400 years.

African Americans need to adopt a culture of Africa in order to elevate themselves as a people. The ones who unite behind an ancestral culture of Africa who shows they can prosper no matter how many will succeed to make it out of the nightmare of slavery. The premise is that slavery is not yet over because mental slavery exists. This mental slavery is double consciousness, it is a double mind that exists in Africans in diaspora who lost their traditional African culture and was forced to adopt European and not allowed respect in it. To me it is the mind of the destroyed African who ancestors once knew who they were during the Middle Passage. It is the amalgamation of the ghost African who doesn't know Africa has died in his heart so he wanders in a strange land longer than 400 years.

We cannot and will not be able to establish an all black culture/society/etc. in the midst of this nation, and should opt out for real equality etc. among its ever growing diverse and/or colored folk, as an alternative...

Yes, I also recall Africa's sometimes grand(though ancient) civilizations, etc., but how we relate in 2014 ( however it all came about) is what matters, and to me and mine/you and yours, bruh!

FYI

Africa is a CONTINENT with 55 countries and over 100s of tribes, AFRICA doesn't have "a culture". Sub-Sahara Africa isn't this super place even and I'm not going to front like it is.

We cannot and will not be able to establish an all black culture/society/etc. in the midst of this nation, and should opt out for real equality etc. among its ever growing diverse and/or colored folk, as an alternative...

Yes, I also recall Africa's sometimes grand(though ancient) civilizations, etc., but how we relate in 2014 ( however it all came about) is what matters, and to me and mine/you and yours, bruh!

FYI

I agree with part of this. Its not that we can't adopt/choose various African cultures as individuals or collectively, its that we won't. The will to do so is absent.

I agree with part of this. Its not that we can't adopt/choose various African cultures as individuals or collectively, its that we won't. The will to do so is absent.

I have to agree to disagree:

Individual choices are fine and well, just too many cults, and they tend to undermine each others efforts, i. e., be it the various Black Hebrew groups, including the Black Muslim ones...

Even some traditional Christian ones cater to paying customers...

No disrespect but the present NOI has lost their way too...

People and times have changed:

New issues/new problems/etc.

So from where will come new activists/leaders/theorists/etc.?

Time will tell...

FYI

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back