Black Relationships : ADDRESSING THE MYTH OF FATHERLESS HOMES

They may be too caught up in the feminist movement to go back

And you may be right concerning that...it was never their movement to begin with as if any black man was ever in the position to hold a black woman down back when they bought into that illusion. But as they say: she's an independent woman....when reality dictates that i am not complete without her or she without me....but that's what happens when we buy into their ish !!!

And you may be right concerning that...it was never their movement to begin with as if any black man was ever in the position to hold a black woman down back when they bought into that illusion. But as they say: she's an independent woman....when reality dictates that i am not complete without her or she without me....but that's what happens when we buy into their ish !!!

And until it goes back to the way it use to be, we will never succeed.

Well shame on me then, because I refuse to deny the obvious. Sisters have not put any "myth" out there. Have you looked around at reality lately??? Brothers, in large part, are not stepping up.

I did not meet my father until I was 26 years old. I have two 1st cousins who have never met their perspective fathers and probably never will. My sister has a child who's father is AWOL. My brother (different mother, same father) has emotional issues directly connected with being fatherless. (It did not bother me "as much" because I had great uncles who steered me towards proper manhood, but NOTHING truely replaces a FATHER involved in the EVERYDAY life of a child.)

Shame on ANYONE who attempts to deny the obvious issues we have in our community with fatherlessness for the sake of saving face or protecting the image of Black men. If we as black men want to have a positive image, we need to live it, we need to step up. If you look around, I have no doubt you know SEVERAL people close to you whose fathers are not involved in their DAILY life.
:toast:

Full Speed your point is taken. There is a problem with absentee fathers in the black community here in this country too.. I believe though that it is better not to have a father THAN one that is a bad influence. My older brothers never had a father in their lives. I believe it has affected them in some way., but they in turn have been good fathers to their children. I have been married and have three sons my ex was a good provider, clothing, food shelter. but nothing else. He was not the type to take them to the park, take pictures of them, he was married and was there physically in the house but emotionally he was distant. He was always going somewhere and eventually the somewhere was with other women. When we were separated the last one was still in school. I believe that even though children need a father, I have come to the conclusion that we must teach our children that life does not always have to be perfect. President Obama's father was absent, his grandparents stepped in and the rest is history. I am in no way saying that there can be a substitute for a father or play down the role of fathers.

I attended a luncheon where a couple who are friends of mine for the last couple of years celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last week. His wife has been ailing for a number of years and he has been there throughout it all with her. Videos were shown of his closeness with his grandchildren. He is a caring father and husband. His parents before him were the same way. I believe that love and commitment is the key. LOVE IS A CHOICE. I believe our black men MUST come to see how vitally important their role is and is cannot be SUBSTITUTED. There is today the disintegration of the black extended family which should cause black men to rethink their position. Our children cannot be left alone with mothers...a mother must juggle both roles, but the point is a MOTHER IS NOT A FATHER AND NEVER WILL BE.

Your points are very interesting and TRUE.

Obviously, murder is more likely to occur within the same racial group, but we do kill each other MORE than other races kill each other.

I did not misinterpet your stance, you are simply wrong. In America, Black people DO kill each other MORE than any other group of people. To deny this fact is a feeble attempt to protect the image of Black men by sweeping what is in plain site under the rug. We simply need to do something about these issues rather than attempt to sweep them under the rug.

The racial make up of Chicago is 42% White, 38% Black. Now, go spend a few days in one of the trauma centers in that city and tell me if 42% of the GSW's that come into the ER are White. Tell me then that we kill each other at the same rate as other races.

Wake up and face the reality. We can't solve our problems by pretending they don't exist.

We can't solve our problems by pretending they don't exist.:toast:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back